Sign in to follow this  
The_Death_Scort

NSV1 Information

Ok, I contacted you guys via Facebook to ask some questions about how the Nightshade V1's, and I have yet more questions, but I figured they would be best suited for the forums to inform other people with similar questions.

First off.. Do you sell a recone kit for the NSV1's and if so, what's the price?

Secondly, I know you said 2.0 Cubed is about right (NOT PORTED) for the NSV1, but I'm sick of seeing the same square/Rectangle boxes, with the same slot-ports. Any ideas on a cool looking (and still functional) box? All would be done with 3/4 MDF, and if so, what programs do you recommend for designing boxes?

Thanks SD, you guys have fulfilled my Audiophile needs! I don't have a want nor need for another sub! I'm not much for competing, this is primarily personal pleasure. With that said, I must reiterate how pleased I am with the SDANSV1. Can't wait to see what 'Codename: Monster' is gonna turn out like! Keep up the good work Gents, You have a strong fanbase!

Also.... No homo for the following, but would any of you object to me getting the logo inked on me? :D

What do you mean by 2 cubes (not ported)? NS subs arent recommended sealed.

and slot ports are seen so much because they are tried and true.

you can go aero port if thats what your asking. also your questions seem to be a lil on the novice side so i suggest you get one of the box design companies to do the dirty work for you.

Sorry. I've been drinking (a lot) just a little bit, I meant 'Not sealed', but as I said, I've had a few drinks and I get a bit confused... I want something that SA would approve of in my car. I want to turn it up for my friends (and enemies) and be able to say: "Sundown approves this box". I won't build anything out of specs, and would be willing to use whatever sealing agent they suggested. Sorry for the novice question, just looking for something out of the norm.

if its considered NORM on this forums that means it works.

sundown approved= 2 cubes with 12-16 square inches of port per cubic foot. double baffle. 2000 watts rms. tuning anywhere you want it to peak.

Ok, I contacted you guys via Facebook to ask some questions about how the Nightshade V1's, and I have yet more questions, but I figured they would be best suited for the forums to inform other people with similar questions.

First off.. Do you sell a recone kit for the NSV1's and if so, what's the price?

Secondly, I know you said 2.0 Cubed is about right (NOT PORTED) for the NSV1, but I'm sick of seeing the same square/Rectangle boxes, with the same slot-ports. Any ideas on a cool looking (and still functional) box? All would be done with 3/4 MDF, and if so, what programs do you recommend for designing boxes?

Thanks SD, you guys have fulfilled my Audiophile needs! I don't have a want nor need for another sub! I'm not much for competing, this is primarily personal pleasure. With that said, I must reiterate how pleased I am with the SDANSV1. Can't wait to see what 'Codename: Monster' is gonna turn out like! Keep up the good work Gents, You have a strong fanbase!

Also.... No homo for the following, but would any of you object to me getting the logo inked on me? :D

Perhaps get a custom made fiberglass box with an aero-port ? That would look really good :)

Scott Bowman from Team Nemesis could make one I'm sure -- he just did some nice door panels for Johnathan Price :

http://down4sound.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5619&page=10

Highly suggested guy for this type of thing as well.

Yes, we do sell kits for the NS v.1 still -- we have full re-cone pricing here:

Yours looks like one of the first run of them from the profile picture.

If you want a Sundown tatoo that is okay with me :fing34:

Edited by sundownz

The fact you sell Recone Kits made my day. Thank you Sundownz. :D

Sign in to follow this