Sealed or Ported:ported aero ports

Number of Subs: 1

Brand and Model of Subs:fi q 18

Max Dimensions: 22. Tall 42 wide 18 deep

Port Color:

Flush Mount Ring Color (if flush mount is chosen): blue

Carpet Color:black

Zip Code for Shipping Quote:47923

Any other notes:would like it to be 7 cubes if possible tuned to 28 hertz and want the most port area as possible thanks

Edited by joshfi

I would suggest 14 sq inches of port per cute. IMO 16 is just too much, and with a sub such as the Q 14 will be perfect.

Andrew

The issue I am running into is the fact that the ports are physically too long for your dimensions.

Also were you looking for ports up or back. I know you wants subs up.

With ports up, your box would have to be 24.25 tall to achieve a tuning of 30 Hz.

Andrew

Edited by Argent Audio

Would it be posiible to put the ports on the side so that the width of 42. Could accomidate the long length of the port. Mabey lol as as long as the port would be towards the top of the box I can have room for the port to be able to breath

And with a height of that the box would be above my back headrest and I don't know if id be able to have a lot of visibility like that

Ok another thing I just noticed, your depth is 18 inches and you have a sub that is 18.xx so were you wanted sub back? In your original post you did not make it clear which was you wanted the sub facing. I just assumed up as that is best for an SUV.

Andrew

Well 18 is my max depth but I have a total of about 20.5 till the back swing door so if we put the sub facing the door would that give it enough room for exursion. I completly missed that fact of depth too sorry

I played around with the dimensions etc and the only way I can see doing this with an 18 is subs up, port up. The tuning would have to be much higher than 28 though. Somewhere in the area of 33 HZ.

We could also do sub back, port back with a slot port since you do have the height to have the sub facing the rear of the car.

Andrew

Edited by Argent Audio

Well right now it is a 15 q that I was going to send in to get reconed to a 18. If u think I can stilll fit an 18 q like that and it sound better than a 15 q in the optimal enclosure then I'm all for that I just fear that when the sub would play it would hit my rear hatch. But id really like to stay close to 28 hertz but I've never heard a sub that's played that low would it make a big difference between 28 and 33?

There will be a difference. I think your best bet would be going with the sub and port facing the rear of the car and going with a slot port. This will allow you to achieve your 28HZ tuning.

Let me know if this works for you.

Andrew

That works fine for me but can we cut back the depth to 17. But do u think two inches is enough space for the sub to play without hitting the back hatch? Sorry for so much question and thanks alot

And I just answered my question 27 mm is the xmax and that converts to about 1 inch so I should be fine especially if its flush mounted thanks for all ur help jus let me know how it looks with the slot port sub and port rear

I am going to make the box as shallow as possible to give it plenty of room to breathe.

Andrew

!after reading around I've found out that in a car tuning below 32 hertz won't make much of a difference so if we can fit the 18 with aeros with the tuning around 33 hertz I think that would be best because I'm really dead set on having an 18 :) again thanks for doing all this trouble for me

Edited by joshfi

I think you are the luckiest man alive!

Here is what I came up with on the dime!

42 Wide

22 Tall

20 Deep

7.5 Cubes @ 33HZ

(2) 6 inch aeros

Sub up, ports up. Double baffle.

PLEASE NOTE: I went with 20 deep since we are doing sub up. Make sure you can fit 20 deep.

Andrew

Edited by Argent Audio

Okay the depth of twenty works for only a width of 36 because the bracket that holds the swing door on the jeep comes out. The depth that the bracket allows is 18 :(

Okay the depth of twenty works for only a width of 36 because the bracket that holds the swing door on the jeep comes out. The depth that the bracket allows is 18 :(

Would you be willing to go higher on tuning. That is the only way I see this working.

Andrew

Well all in all I think just going with a box built for a 15 q would be best it willl let me have a little room back there. Still and I will know it fits for sure. but how high on tunig would we have to go and wat if we went a litlle lower in volume. I think the lowest the recomended volume is six.