Sign in to follow this  
turbowrx15

SA-12 SHATTERED?wth?

Well my sa-12 stopped working and I took it out of the box and found this black stuff Idk what it is idk.jpg Is this normal to break and can you fix it? I didnt even have it installed for a month.Help somebody

Edited by IHUNTEI2

Looks like the triple joint ring is in pieces there. Which can only result from an incredible amount of stress on the neck joint.

Looks like the triple joint ring is in pieces there. Which can only result from an incredible amount of stress on the neck joint.

Can you fix it?

It has to be re-coned as that piece is below the spider - glued around the coil former.

If that was broken something needs to be addressed in the system - how much power and what size box ?

It has to be re-coned as that piece is below the spider - glued around the coil former.

If that was broken something needs to be addressed in the system - how much power and what size box ?

The box is a 2.25 ported and an audiopipe 1500 with the gain less than half way with bass boost off. and i was looking at it and the spider lead was broke on one of the pos. terminals.If you can fix it I will buy another so I can turn my amp up it sounded good while it lasted.

Edited by IHUNTEI2

Too much excursion -- gain position does not tell us the power or even % of power coming from the amp.

In the end too much was applied to the driver in a relatively large box size (way too big for a 1500-watt amp), mechanical limits were exceeded, and the ring was shattered.

You will need a re-cone and I'd suggest a smaller enclosure if you plan to keep the amp / sub combo.

Edited by sundownz

Too much excursion -- gain position does not tell us the power or even % of power coming from the amp.

In the end too much was applied to the driver in a relatively large box size (way too big for a 1500-watt amp), mechanical limits were exceeded, and the ring was shattered.

You will need a re-cone and I'd suggest a smaller enclosure if you plan to keep the amp / sub combo.

I tried it in a 1.6 box and it got hotter in that box I think Ill just run it at 2 ohms instead of 1 and eventually just get another and build a new box for 2.Just let me know what I gotta do to get it fixed.you can email me @ hunter12745@aim.com

You can get a D4 re-cone -- all prices are listed here :

If you are not comfortable doing a re-cone you can ship it to us to do it.

You can get a D4 re-cone -- all prices are listed here :

If you are not comfortable doing a re-cone you can ship it to us to do it.

Does the recone come with the triple joint ring?

A re-cone kit is the cone, spider, coil, and triple joint ring glued together.

A re-cone kit is the cone, spider, coil, and triple joint ring glued together.

Alright well ive never did a recone before so ill ship it out to yall soon

Sign in to follow this