Sign in to follow this  
An-i-no

Upgrade path.

Hey guys...thanks for joining me. As you can see, my name is An-i-no and I think I'm a subsono-holic....

LOL on a serious note I have 2 Sa-12's on a RF P500-2 (~350x2) in 1 cube sealed each. They sound effin awesome but they're well...quiet. I already made plans to get a bigger amp (between 1500 and 2000 depending on my monies) but I saw that Sundown was having a b-stock sale and I started thinkin...

I want to go ported at 27hz. That's where my listening habits are. Slow ass rap songs that send shockwaves through your organs. My sealed box isn't having that, but duh, I knew that when I bought it. The sealed box does however...allow me to play super-extra low tones that a ported box would bail out and leave my subs to die on (Or the subsonic would kill off, either way I can't play it). By super-extra low I mean songs like "The bass will destroy you"(17~13hz) and a couple of other songs I don't think anyone's ever heard of that get into the low 20's

I want opinions and experience. For my goals, stated above...what would be the loudest at sub 30hz.

2 12's at 27 on 1500~2000

3 12's sealed on a 2000wrms amp at 1.6667

4 12's sealed on 2000wrms

OR 3 12's ported at 27 @ 1.6667 like above.

I know the obvious answer is the last one but consider that one last because the box would be much more expensive. Look at the top three options first.

Depending on the size of your sealed enclosure the roll off below fs maybe steeper than what you want. I would start by plotting a few graphs with different qtc and enclosure volumes to see if you currently have the best setup for your needs.

Low tuning ported enclosures can be large, atleast the port would be. I would think sub(not subwoofer) 25hz frequencies in a vehicle are hard to achieve. If possible you may want to look at an IB setup.

Obviously as cone area and power increase so will output. It doesnt take 4 subs to produce 20hz, 1 can do it if the system is designed for that.

The SA series is known to hit the lows well. I am sure the heavy cooper coil and relatively loose suspension has alot to do with that.