JPx7

Quote for Icon

When the new Icon is released I am going to get either 1 12 or 1 15. I want to try and go ahead and get the box built up soon since I have the money and so I dont have to wait later. I'm not sure how the specs on the new Icon are going to change and if their will be any new features that would change the build of the box, I was wondering what your opinion was on that. I want to try and go with a kerfed port if possible, and if i can fit it I want to go with the 15.

Vehicle Make and Model: 2000 Jetta VR6

Direct of Box/Subs: facing trunk

Sealed or Ported: ported

Number of Subs: 1

Brand and Model of Subs: SSA Icon 12/15

Max Dimensions: 19 H (Max), 36 W, 18 D (Max)

Port Color: Red

Flush Mount Ring Color (if flush mount is chosen): Red

Carpet Color: Black

Zip Code for Shipping Quote: 40324

Any other notes: The width can go all the way up to about 38 but will make it hard to get the box into the trunk. I would like to make the depth as short as possible and I would like to do double baffle along with flush mount.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to fit the 15, would you like me to start a design with that first?

Andrew

I'm pretty sure you will be able to fit the 15, would you like me to start a design with that first?

Andrew

Yea start that design first and we can go from there.

Ok here is what I came up with:

18 deep

19 tall

34.5 wide

flush mount

slot port

Andrew

Is there enough room to go with a kerfed port?

Yes you still have a few inches on the width to work with.

Andrew

k.. see what you can do with a kerfed port

Let me know what dimensions you come up with after adding the kerfed port, and I will kind of mock it up and see how it fits in my trunk... then I can see if the 15 fits, if not we can revise it to a 12.

What are you tuning to? Im curious.

Honestly not sure.. I was going to see what Andrew had in mind since this is my first build.. do you have any suggestions?

He would know before me. But I would probably suggest 32-33hz fir a daily setup. That's what my last setup was and I loves it. :fing34:

You can fit the one 15. The kerfed port will go to your max with of 36. If that fits you will be good to go.

Andrew

Edited by Argent Audio

You can fit the one 15. The kerfed port will go to your max with of 36. If that fits you will be good to go.

Andrew

I kind of mocked up those dimensions and they fit snugly in my car but Im not convinced I would be able to fit it through the opening of the trunk...

Also because of the way the trunk curves in the back the box would take up 90% of the trunk

so I think I want to go down to the 12 just to have some excess space in the trunk.

So the height is 17-18 max..

The width can go all the way up to 36..

I want the depth to be as short as possible (without jeopardizing performance) so i can have some room left in the trunk..

I still want flush mount and kerfed port

and if it is necessary double baffle..

Thanks

Edited by JPx7

Andrew

I kind of mocked up those dimensions and they fit snugly in my car but Im not convinced I would be able to fit it through the opening of the trunk...

Also because of the way the trunk curves in the back the box would take up 90% of the trunk

so I think I want to go down to the 12 just to have some excess space in the trunk.

I want the depth to be as short as possible (without jeopardizing performance) so i can have some room left in the trunk..

Thanks

Now that I think about it, the ideal height would be 16.xx .. but 17 or so at max...

Andrew

Thanks

Now that I think about it, the ideal height would be 16.xx .. but 17 or so at max...

Ok I will post a revised design soon.

Andrew

Andrew

Thanks

Ok I will post a revised design soon.

Andrew

Thank you sir

Hey Andrew, you got anything for me yet?

Here is the updated design:

15.75 tall

16 deep

31.25 wide

double baffle, flush mount, flared port

carpet

$240 plus shipping

Andrew

Here is the updated design:

15.75 tall

16 deep

31.25 wide

double baffle, flush mount, flared port

carpet

$240 plus shipping

Andrew

Dimensions sound good.. Just curious, how many cubes is it and what is the tune?

and I was wondering if I could still get the June 10% discount since I started the topic June 15.

My paypal account is jpm8@ymail.com

Let me know what comes next.

Edited by JPx7

It is 2.25@ 32 HZ.

Yes you can still get that 10%.

If this is all good let me know what color carpet and flush mount ring color you want and I will send over and invoice.

Andrew

It is 2.25@ 32 HZ.

Yes you can still get that 10%.

If this is all good let me know what color carpet and flush mount ring color you want and I will send over and invoice.

Andrew

Black Carpet and Red paint for the flush mount ring and the port.

Everything looks good so send me the invoice when you get a chance.

Invoice sent.

Andrew

Okay sweet, it might be a couple days before I pay it, I gotta go to the bank and some other stuff first.

Invoice sent.

Andrew

Okay sweet, it might be a couple days before I pay it, I gotta go to the bank and some other stuff first.

No worries.

Andrew

Paid the invoice this morning... Let me know that it went through ok