Sign in to follow this  
fiasco

Help for a noob please

Okay so I am building a budget system.... I have chosen to purchase one SA 12 sub. I need some advice on...

1. Purchasing a 2ohm or 4ohm sub?

2. What size box should I have my shop build for me? (I am looking for good quality sound that is pretty loud for a daily driver, Listen to mostly hip hop)

3. Will a Arc FD600.1 amp be enough to power this sub adequately?

Thanks a lot for your help!

1. Dual 4ohm config

2. according to this pic here: specs_SA.jpg

I'd go with a ported enclosure tuned anywhere from 32-25hz .... 2 cubes is what they require

3. Yes, running the D4 SA-12 will yield "600w" from that amplifier if wired to 2ohms ....

You're welcome!!! :fing34:

Good answer Shogen. If you listen to mostly hip hop I would personally tune to 32+ unless your listeing to a lot of slowed music

i think my box is tuned to 34ish and slowed music will play and sounds ok, but just cant get those low low notes.

I went with 30 hz and loved it you should try it I can bang slowed music all day long!

1. Dual 4ohm config

2. according to this pic here: specs_SA.jpg

I'd go with a ported enclosure tuned anywhere from 32-25hz .... 2 cubes is what they require

3. Yes, running the D4 SA-12 will yield "600w" from that amplifier if wired to 2ohms ....

You're welcome!!! :fing34:

EDIT: wow I meant 32-35hz .... goodness late night typing isn't always a good idea for me.... and like it has been stated, lower tuning if you're doing slowed/bass enhanced music pieces...