Sign in to follow this  
jFreezy

Limit on my sundown audio sa8?

I have a sa8 in a 1.0cubic ft Ported box around 33-34hz the sub is 400 rms and I have a planet audio Tq1601d monoblock amp. I want to run it at 2 ohm but thats pushing 800rms. Do you guys think the sub can handle that power? I mean, gains down and careful tuning on my headunit the sub shouldn't be in danger right? At 4 ohms the amp pushes 500rms.

Edited by jFreezy

IMO thats way too big and too low for 800rms...I ran a .6 ported on 900 and didn't take much to reach full excursion.

The box you have is already too big for the 400watt rms rating.

You need to go down to 0.6ft^3.

I dont think there is much of a need to slap 800watts on the SA-8, especially if you're only using one and its not an SPL only kind of thing.

Daily 300-500 is just fine.

The box you have is already too big for the 400watt rms rating.

You need to go down to 0.6ft^3.

I dont think there is much of a need to slap 800watts on the SA-8, especially if you're only using one and its not an SPL only kind of thing.

Daily 300-500 is just fine.

+1

Oh alright. Well the box was custom built to be apart of a sound system in my pool room I just decided to put it in my car for bump to work. I'll get another box build but do you guys think 35-36hz is good? Ah, I just wanted to see if the watts would make a difference in sound. I wanna be pretty loud