Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

lantz's ranger build

whats goin on fellas. well im starting a build log for my ranger. im doing 2 15" IA flatlynes. i have a mtx 1501d to run them with which is 1800 watts. my plans are to do a sealed box walled off. i like the look of a wall, and i have room to spair. i cant find recommended enclosure sizes, so i was thinking 3CF sealed each????? idk... any suggestions?

whats goin on fellas. well im starting a build log for my ranger. im doing 2 15" IA flatlynes. i have a mtx 1501d to run them with which is 1800 watts. my plans are to do a sealed box walled off. i like the look of a wall, and i have room to spair. i cant find recommended enclosure sizes, so i was thinking 3CF sealed each????? idk... any suggestions?

If you are looking for output why are you going sealed??

Did you ever check the coil config. of the sub?

IA has told me before to use the LI enclosure specs for the flatlyne.

nice sub choice, dont see too many IA builds, i vote ported if your gonna put in the effort for a wall might as well man

well idk how a ported box will turn out. iv only built two ported boxes beofr but i had EVERY single deminsion i needed. the boxes were for 2 12" mtx 9500's amd mtx gave me all the specs for there recommended enclosure. so therefor, it was rather easy. i dont have that for these. that y i was going to do sealed. they guy at my local audio shop said that if i give him my hcca 12, he will build me WHATEVER i want... but im need to sell the hcca so i can buy another IA flatlyne. unless i can find another deal on a flatlyne like i got lol.

o andddd last night my battery took a major S**T. im getting the optima yellow top for up front along with the big 3 thats already done.. any thoughts on that guys?

through up some specs; firing up back of cab, port back seems to work well too

well if i did a wall, theres only one way it can be done right???

here are the dimensions i came up with last night for a sealed box. 45"Wx26"Hx10"D

as u can tell, i want to keep the box as shallow as possible. those dimensions come out to be 5.2CF befor displacement

o andddd last night my battery took a major S**T. im getting the optima yellow top for up front along with the big 3 thats already done.. any thoughts on that guys?

If i were you id scrap the yellow top idea and go with a kinetik or xs power, you can get one of those for about the same price as a yellow top and iv heard from so many people that those batteries dont last at all when pushed hard. I had a red top and it went out within a couple months, thank god they took it back under warranty. As for a ported box you can hit up a box designer and get a design all made up with the cut sheet and everything so all you have to do is go to lowes or home depot and have them cut your pieces accordingly and then just put it together.

I would go a little deeper. Iirc any dimension should not be more than 2/3 less then another. So with a width of 45", minimum depth would be 15". Research this and you will get more precise information on box size ratios.

I would go a little deeper. Iirc any dimension should not be more than 2/3 less then another. So with a width of 45", minimum depth would be 15". Research this and you will get more precise information on box size ratios.

my max depth i can go is 15. but i wanted a little extra room for my seats and room for mounting my amp. do u think like 13.50" would work?

You will need to research enclosure dimensions and see if the specs you are seeking are sufficient :drink40: