jonbearsmt

custom Bridge Rectifieres

make sence ???

in my black lincoln i cooked rectifires left and right.. so much so that i kept a spare H/O alt i would switch them out and rebuild as needed about every 3 months,.

so this time im looking not to have to do so .. i m looking to gain the power im loseing to heat back.. and NOT cook my factory, nor my H/O when i get it.

let me know..

ok here goes

Alternators make AC (alternating) current using a bridge rectifier with diodes to convert that AC current into DC (direct) current for use by the vehicle's electrical system. When your alternator's voltage regulator senses the need for electricity the regulator tells the alternator to start making electrical power. The alternator is then turned on and making electricity it taking power from the engine to generate the electrical power in the alternator, the more electrical power an alternator makes the more it costs.

Here's where and how you loose some electrical power from your alternator. When your alternator is making AC power, which you pay for, and your bridge rectifier cannot transfer that AC power to DC it gets rid of it in the form of heat. You pay for generating power, then some of it gets wasted in the form of heat, because the alternator's internal rectifier is not efficient enough to transfer all the AC power, which you paid for, into DC power. To top it off, the more demand you put on your alternator the internal bridge rectifier becomes less efficient and more power is wasted.

So if you are powering an HHO system or some other continuous demand system you are paying even more. "the small part " and "the big part" help recover that wasted power by tapping into the alternator stator leads where the AC power is generated. By taping into these AC lines before they go into the alternators internal bridge rectifier the external rectifier is offering a more efficient pathway out of the alternator in transferring the AC power generated into DC power. The increased throughput of higher amperage rated diodes, larger wires and a high volume fan to keep the remote rectifier cool work together to create greater efficiency and less wasted power.

"the small part" rectifier is rated at 210 amperes, the" big part "' is rated at 420 amperes, much higher than any alternators internal bridge rectifier. Because of the recovery of formerly wasted power you can power your system, whether it's your stereo, HHO System, Emergency vehicle, or other high demand system for less money and less down time. the "small or the big part " will make electrical systems work better and your alternator's bridge rectifier last longer.

both "parts" can be connected to just about any alternator by an experienced alternator technician. Our Unique remote rectifier system helps recover wasted power from your alternator plus adds greater durability against bridge rectifier failure caused by heavy use.

What about switching alternators to DC Power or Mechman?

What about switching alternators to DC Power or Mechman?

in the future i may, but 1 they want over 5 bills for one.. and secondly i will still have the issue of losing power from heat and transfer, and i have always had a problem with the 4Gs with burning up rectifiers .. in fact i saved one a off the black towncar that melted and almost caught fire.

Yeah there's no way around the price, but I know the dc alts dissipate heat a lot better, better cooling, and so forth.

Yeah there's no way around the price

SOUNDS LIKE A CHALLENGE SIR!!!!!!!!!

:drink40:

if i got a hand job for every time they said "jon you cant do that"

Yeah there's no way around the price

SOUNDS LIKE A CHALLENGE SIR!!!!!!!!!

:drink40:

if i got a hand job for every time they said "jon you cant do that"

LOL, maybe if you call up DC Power and offer them some? :roflmao:

Bigger diodes aren't going to help if the stator and rotor aren't up to the job. Here is a good read on whats going on with an alternator.

Understanding Alternator Current Output

Good Luck. :morepower1:

im not trying to use this thinking that i am some how making a high out put alternator. i understand that rotor and the stator need to be upgraded .. i looking to ADD this make it better,.

bridge rectifier is nothing but 4 diodes....but they sell them as bridge rectifiers.

You can buy one from a good online electrical site for cheap.

The challenge would be getting them connected.

I pretty much skimmed the thread fyi

From what DC Power has told me before-

We GUARANTEE that you will NOT be able to burn up an XP line alternator...

They already have dual rectifiers built in, along with awesome cooling...

And let's not forget temperature sensor...

If the alt gets too hot, it is designed to cut maximum current output back by up to 50%.

They are pretty indestructible...

This is why, in my opinion, they are so popular.

^^^

You pay for what you get :bigok:

Jon, do you have a 4G? If so, let me know and I will send you a rectifier I had custom made. If it works for you, it could be easily duplicated.

Jon, do you have a 4G? If so, let me know and I will send you a rectifier I had custom made. If it works for you, it could be easily duplicated.

yes sir i do . thanks!

well what im talking about has 14 dioeds far from 4, its made to do what im talking about..

quicktifier1.jpg

yes sir i do . thanks!

PM me your addy.

well what im talking about has 14 dioeds far from 4, its made to do what im talking about..

quicktifier1.jpg

lol, you remind me of... ME...

Before DC Power came out with the XP line, i was talking to them about this very device, the Quicktifier i think is what it's called.

They told me then don't worry about it because the XP line will already have dual rectifiers and stronger ones than what that thing has.

I'm tellin ya.. XP XP XP..

gotcha. thanks... and i guess every one is saying it..so it must be true.. but im hard headed, and i love to be "off beat:" in a way. so i guess im listening to everything that is said.. .and thank you for your advice.

ill keep bumping until i get enough opinions or i make up my mind..... but i am looking to be off the beating path.