Sign in to follow this  
CT_SRT

Need advice on which Amp to use!!!

Alright most likely this amp will be powering 2 12" SS RL-P's in a box between 1.75-2^3ft with 20-24^2in of port per sub...tuned to 34hz...

Here are the amp choices..price range is under 360....

1.)Orion 2500D(refurbished from Ikesound kinda worried about that)

will be used @ 2 ohms

2.)MA Audio HK-1398 which is 600x2 @ 1ohm stereo, and 1600x1@ 2ohm mono...

3.)Hifonics BX1605D which is 1600@1ohm.

All opinions are welcome, please give em to me...Also you guys all seem real knowledgeable so any other Options or Ideas for amps that you might have are more than welcome!!!! THANKS EVERYONE.....

Look into an Orion 1200D from HCCAfan, ported the RL-ps do not need gobs of power, and the 1200D will be a solid choice to push them, and it would around the same power as the 2500D @ 2ohms for less money and new

Look into an Orion 1200D from HCCAfan, ported the RL-ps do not need gobs of power, and the 1200D will be a solid choice to push them, and it would around the same power as the 2500D @ 2ohms for less money and new

Thanks for ur help so far guys... BUt i can get the orion 2500d, around 50 bux cheaper refurbished than a new 1200D(whcih i was considering just figured from what ive read and the people i'd talked too wasnt enough power for the RL-ps to get really loud) maybe i am wrong and 1200 is enough for these puppies, and i know the 1200d is underrated but i figured the 2500d might leave more options open as well in the future u know???

WHat can HCCAFAN get it for? i found it for about 400 new...

Thanks for ur help so far guys... BUt i can get the orion 2500d, around 50 bux cheaper refurbished than a new 1200D(whcih i was considering just figured from what ive read and the people i'd talked too wasnt enough power for the RL-ps to get really loud) maybe i am wrong and 1200 is enough for these puppies, and i know the 1200d is underrated but i figured the 2500d might leave more options open as well in the future u know???

PM him asap

PM him asap

I have em on ebay for 300 new shipped right now.

PMED U HCCAfan.....

On a side note does everyone really think this amp is enought to power these subs compared to them getting about 850 watts a piece??????

keep in mind that Orions have always been under ratted, so expect closer to 1400 watts, baring that you have a good electrical system to power the amplifer...

also if you need help, there are a few good box builders on here that can help you or build one for you

another thing to think about is ike is haveing problems with there refurbs something that may help in the longrun and hccafan is known for having good products around the net. good luck with your buy

It's good to hear that he is reputible around here, and that the amp is underated, sounds like it will work out nice..

It's good to hear that he is reputible around here, and that the amp is underated, sounds like it will work out nice..

many of us have ordered from him

Thats good to know... it makes it a little easier to send away 300 to someone i havnt met...lol...I hope everything works out O.K. though im pissed i couldnt get to the bank today because we got some snow and i got to be to work in 10 minutes, but he said he had plenty so im not too worried...Thanks again for everyones help Denim i will PMing...

Edited by CT_SRT

I tend ro recommend Concept, the CC-D1200 puts out 1800rms @ 1 Ohm, and can be daily driven at 1/2 ohm. For comp burps you can run these amps down to 1/3 ohm, without ever getting it hot, or hurting it. Not to mention they provide clean power.