Sign in to follow this  
robertg805

ssd 12

hi guys this is my first time in this site. im thinking of buying 2 12 ssd subs but dnt know how much max power they can handle. i already got a 2nd batt a kinetick 1800 and 2 hifonic 2000 brutus amps. should i connect them at a 2oh or 1 oh. power on da amps is 1300 at 2ohm and 2000 at 1ohm. or if there is a better sub i can get im on a budget of 450 for subs. thank u guys.

A pair of SSDs on just one of those amps wired to 1 ohm would work well.

or if i should go with the soundstream t6 i like bass. i used 2 have 2 15 soundstream splx on my mustang and they hit.

thanks. do u know watts the max wattage the subs can handle?

Nope, there are too many variables and you haven't supplied enough information to even pretend to take a stab in the dark. I probably wouldn't use more than 1k each in a daily setup though. You're not going to see huge benefits by putting 2x rms power to these drivers anyway. I think you'd be pleased with the output of a pair of SSDs in a proper enclosure on about 2k.

hi guys this is my first time in this site. im thinking of buying 2 12 ssd subs but dnt know how much max power they can handle. i already got a 2nd batt a kinetick 1800 and 2 hifonic 2000 brutus amps. should i connect them at a 2oh or 1 oh. power on da amps is 1300 at 2ohm and 2000 at 1ohm. or if there is a better sub i can get im on a budget of 450 for subs. thank u guys.

MAX power is nothing but marketing hype, the RMS rating is the power rating to go by.

A pair of SSDs on just one of those amps wired to 1 ohm would work well.

^^ I agree with this. Get a pair of Dual 1's and call it a day on one of those Brutus's...

Sign in to follow this