stevemead08

Food allergies

So for the last 7 years or so i have been allergic to apples, pears, peaches, ect.

I could eat watermelon, pinapple, melons, bananas.

Its weird i devoled this as an adult now the other day i took a bite of my sons asian pear and it didnt affect me. today i took a bite of a normal pear nad nothing. For 7 years i have been craving a nice cold, crisp, juicy apple.............Today i ate one.

no issues really. a little tingle in the back of my mouth.

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY.

I guess as fast as it appeared, its gone.

Anybody else have weird adult onset allergies?

No, but I developed celiac disease. Sucks ass.

Ill have to Google that. lol

Sucks either way im sure

It's a gluten intolerance. I can't eat anything with wheat, oats, barley, rye, malt and some soy.

I never had seasonal allergies until I was an adult. The neti pot has been a savior.

It's a gluten intolerance. I can't eat anything with wheat, oats, barley, rye, malt and some soy.

Bummer guy. Looks like no beer for you. Hard to imagine how common that condition is. I know a few people with the same condition.

As an adult I haven't developed anything new, but the wife just recently started having allergic reactions to pain medicine, like Advil and Alieve. :\

Bummer guy. Looks like no beer for you. Hard to imagine how common that condition is. I know a few people with the same condition.

As an adult I haven't developed anything new, but the wife just recently started having allergic reactions to pain medicine, like Advil and Alieve. :\

Chances are it's the binders. I am the same way. Many of the binders they use contain some protein that bothers the individual. My case is even worse considering I am also allergic to eggs. There are many medications I can't take as egg is a common binder.

damn sounds bad. i have a gluten free bakery by my house and always wondered "who actually goes there" now i know.

Really?!?!

I also have Celiac disease...

I've had it for about 4yrs now.

My tolerance sounds a little better than yours...

I can eat at taco bell and get hardshell tacos.. sometimes it disrupts me but only lightly for a few minutes and goes away...

digestion is normal throughout the rest of the process.

For fast food, i either do taco bell or waffle house.. but i read u can't eat eggs...

Dine-in restaurants is where it's at for us, hehe.

Seafood and steak houses.

OH, and almost forgot.. As of right now.. in 2017, there may be a cure for celiac that's being tested out of the country with very good and consistent results.

They say it also has the potential, same cure, to cure Type 1 Diabetes and other things..

and steve-

For people like me, if u stay on the right track for so long eating right, eating the wrong thing a couple times won't seem like it's effecting you because you are so healthy. But keep doing it... at least for me and the zero tolerance is back!

OH, and almost forgot.. As of right now.. in 2017, there may be a cure for celiac that's being tested out of the country with very good and consistent results.

They say it also has the potential, same cure, to cure Type 1 Diabetes and other things..

From what I read, it's not a cure, but rather a band-aid. It blocks whatever causes the villi to die. I'd rather just keep to my diet, but I'd kill to eat some Oreos again!

Really?!?!

I also have Celiac disease...

I've had it for about 4yrs now.

My tolerance sounds a little better than yours...

I can eat at taco bell and get hardshell tacos.. sometimes it disrupts me but only lightly for a few minutes and goes away...

digestion is normal throughout the rest of the process.

For fast food, i either do taco bell or waffle house.. but i read u can't eat eggs...

Dine-in restaurants is where it's at for us, hehe.

Seafood and steak houses.

I've had major digestion issues for almost 10 years and they never found a damn thing. Finally just this past year, they found my lower esophagus eroding and two months later, I was diagnosed with celiac. I was so happy to finally figure out the issue, but I've not gotten much better yet. I know some people show an immediate change and others it take years. I think I'm in the latter list.

and steve-

For people like me, if u stay on the right track for so long eating right, eating the wrong thing a couple times won't seem like it's effecting you because you are so healthy. But keep doing it... at least for me and the zero tolerance is back!

Im kinda thinking the same so im taking it one "apple" at a time.

I thought the same and tried a pizza a couple weeks ago. I spent that entire weekend in the bathroom and writhing in pain.

I thought the same and tried a pizza a couple weeks ago. I spent that entire weekend in the bathroom and writhing in pain.

IM not sure about your problem but my allergies CAN go away just as they came...out of nowhere.

for me, if i get an attack, it's immediate or it comes when i "go"...

But after the attack, it doesn't continue...

I also have a hiatal hernia which doesn't help my abdominal area, lol....