Sign in to follow this  
Brendon

Is my SA-12 defective?

yeah its a dual 2 so how do i hook it up?

i followed that rf picture..

no you didnt.

you hooked 1 coil +and - togather.

you need to hook the - off ONE coil and put it to the + of the OTHER coil.

and then use the remaining + and - to hook up to the amp correct?

Edited by Brendon

Gains at about 75% and bass boost at like 20% yeah its wired like this

1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.png

on a kicker 750.1

edit: whats a dmm and what do mean what is it doing it's playing like normal just has that smell and it's getting hot

digital multi meter

your pic... and the pic that i keep showing you IS WAY DIFFERENT.

He is saying you didn't follow that picture. The box shows a group of terminals on a side. You hooked up the + and - in the box (from the diagram) to each other while in the diagram that is not how they are wired...

He is saying you didn't follow that picture. The box shows a group of terminals on a side. You hooked up the + and - in the box (from the diagram) to each other while in the diagram that is not how they are wired...

Need photos. :eek5wavey:

- + coil 1

O

+ _ coil 2

thats how your sub looks...

you need to connect the postive off coil 1 and wire it to the - of coil 2!

then connect the - off coil 1 to your amp.. and the + off coil TWO too your amp.

i was looking at it at a different angle just thought the coils were far apart on that sub in the pictures LMAO.. i hope im amusing you guys so now that your done laughing at me do you think i damaged my baby?

You have to start learning somewhere. Can't really tell until you hook it up and see or check the coils with a dmm. Depending on how much power and how long you were playing it would determine the amount of damage it may have experienced.

no you pissed me off.

you eveyr well could have.. you super heated the glue on the coils im sure of it.. how long and how hot did it get?

either way..

its done now.. so play it untill it blows.

BTW bass boost will make you sad every time. IT WILL COOK YOUR SUB.

wire it up right and have fun.

BTW you must be around the age of 20 am i correct?

the guy i told you about that shorted his out.. smoked pretty bad... i mean bad!

and his works fine still thay are amazing subs.

Its hard to help when we have to guess.

sorry if i got aggravated.. but it kills me when i see young people blame other people over and other for a simple issue of a personal mistake...

my chick is 20 just turned 21 and she LOVES to blame every one before she will eat a slice of blame pie...

in this case it was sundown .. then it was RF. then it who knows what it would have been next.

when the issue all along was patiences im guessing

either way.. wire it up correctly and it will sound amazingly better...

also you really show have a DMM handy when ever you are doing anything that has to do with electricity ... parts express was blowing them out for 2 bucks.. i bought 6 of them..

1 in my car one in my chicks 1 in the house aNOTHEr 1 in my took box and 1 in my wrecker.... you just need one.

glad you come here and got it figured out. :drink40:

yeah it is working and i know these things are beasts, if you were serious about pissing you off just think of how pissed i am its my sub that could be damaged due to me being new to this/looking at a picture wrong.. no one is born with audio knowledge. like the other guy said you have to start learning somewhere.. i do appreciate the help man THANK YOU. im pretty sure it will be fine. btw full sized cars ftw im trying to get a crown victoria (just got into a accident and totaled my car) trying to get a system ready for when i get my new car.

edit* i just saw your new post i wasn't trying to blame anyone i just thought i had it wired right as soon as i knew that i had it wrong i was the first to say laugh at me haha

Edited by Brendon

where are you Alabama >?

no im in mass where did you get alabama from? lol..

edit: guessing theres a quincy, alabama

Edited by Brendon

the only quincy i know!! i form the south!

did you read my post apologizing?

im just passionate

yeah it is working and i know these things are beasts, if you were serious about pissing you off just think of how pissed i am its my sub that could be damaged due to me being new to this/looking at a picture wrong.. no one is born with audio knowledge. like the other guy said you have to start learning somewhere.. i do appreciate the help man THANK YOU. im pretty sure it will be fine. btw full sized cars ftw im trying to get a crown victoria (just got into a accident and totaled my car) trying to get a system ready for when i get my new car.

edit* i just saw your new post i wasn't trying to blame anyone i just thought i had it wired right as soon as i knew that i had it wrong i was the first to say laugh at me haha

People are trying to help but when we cant see whats going on its just a guessing game. dont get upset about it things will get better.

what kinda car did you lose?

sorry to hear about the wreck.. hopfully you were ok .. wrecks are a daily part of my life.

haha i was right about the quincy, alabama thing yeah i read it after i posted my thing im sorry too just new and im so happy i upgraded to sundown btw im waiting for my second in the mail still waiting for a email for the tracking number though.

edit:(trying not to dbl post) holy crap 4 pages already you guys reply fast before i can reply to your other post your already posting another lmao..i miss being on forums.

just a sh*tty 96 grand marquis and yeah im fine thanks for asking

Edited by Brendon

what kinda car did you lose?

sorry to hear about the wreck.. hopfully you were ok .. wrecks are a daily part of my life.

:WELCOME::drink40:

well its your topic.. and the problem has been solved.. so i figure it wont be a big deal to run on with this topic seems how i never seen a introduction in the noob section...

96 marq thats whats up .

im a lincoln man my self. i have had 30 or so .. right now i have 2

i have not been updating my build logs like i should.. but i am about to go see what kinda number i can put up i just did some work over the weekend.. hope i gained!!

AH shit is gonna be sweet once you get your other SA in..

what kinda equipment did you run in the past?

this is going way off topic so i made my intro thread this can be closed

:D <click

Edited by Brendon

okay i just didnt know if the mods were gonna beat us down if we went off topic the only system ive had before this one is:

http://www.amazon.com/MTX-TNP212D2-Dual-Subwoofer-Amplifier/dp/B003E35XGQ

i know that was a :bull: system but i had to start somewhere :ughdunno:

btw im curious do you have any vids of ur system on youtube? by your sig it seems beast..

Edited by Brendon

Sign in to follow this