Sign in to follow this  
GASMAN

10" xcon

Has anyone purchased or done an install with a 10" xcon? If so can you post your feedback or info.

I will be here in the near future. Don't have a review for them yet but I'm sure they are great along with the rest of the subs as I have had the pleasure seeing hearing almost every size and line minus the 10xcon..

Really isn't much of a difference between the 10" xcon and 18" xcon except for cone area and differences in output.

Musically they should be equal, assuming one uses the same enclosure alignment and proportional enclosure volume.

I've heard a few setups with xcons (15" to 18"), and was lucky enough to own a pair of 15" xcons at one point. I absolutely loved them. The amount of detail and tonality at high listening levels would put a huge smile on your face.

Oh and just because they are rated for 1750watts does not mean you need anywhere close to that amount of power to take advantage of their awesomeness.

For example: with the pair of 15s, each seeing around 500-600watts, and a 35hz tuned enclosure, I was able to do a 147db at 40hz at the headrest.