I was happily enjoying my new (old) amp, when it turned off. I assumed the remote wire came loose again, end of story. The terminals are screws but with no plate so it slides out easily. (Before you ask, no short, it was in line of sight the whole time). I re-connected the remote wire, and nothing. Simply will not turn back on. No blown fuse, no smell, heck, not even warm. I have no idea where to begin looking for the culprit.

I'd post pictures of the damage but there is none that is visible...

:WTFBubble:

Any ideas on how to fix this situation? I love this amp, and would hate to retire it to paperweight status.

when you say no blown fuses on the amp, how did you check them? visual or did you do a continuity check with a dmm or fuse tester? and you checked all of them right (3 or 4 onboard)

now the next step is to check the remote wire with a dmm. If you get 12v on that little wire while the h/u and car is on then the remote is fine. when checking the remote wire put the positive terminal on the remote and the negative on the negative on the amp or the body of the car, which ever is closer at the time of the test.

Next you have to check the power comming into the amp with yet again a dmm, check for 12volts, if the 12 is there then check your ground connections.

if that fails check your rca's and check the fuse on the power wire going to the amp.

next...umm report back for further help! if you have done any of this please let us know!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

when you say no blown fuses on the amp, how did you check them? visual or did you do a continuity check with a dmm or fuse tester? and you checked all of them right (3 or 4 onboard)

now the next step is to check the remote wire with a dmm. If you get 12v on that little wire while the h/u and car is on then the remote is fine. when checking the remote wire put the positive terminal on the remote and the negative on the negative on the amp or the body of the car, which ever is closer at the time of the test.

Next you have to check the power comming into the amp with yet again a dmm, check for 12volts, if the 12 is there then check your ground connections.

if that fails check your rca's and check the fuse on the power wire going to the amp.

next...umm report back for further help! if you have done any of this please let us know!

For the record, it's a Jansport Hiking backpack. Lol. Not a car.

I checked the fuse both visually, and for the fun of it with the little yellow thingy that lights up if it's good. All clear on that front. Only one fuse on the amp, 25a. I didn't fuse the power wire, it is only 8 inches long. No burned anything, no fried board aroma. I'm so lost.

It died silently, no POP, or sparks or sizzles. :ughdunno:

so this is a backpack setup... my mistake i wasn't 100% about the amp to begin with and i assumed it was car audio as we are on a car audio site? lol

so how do you power this amp and can you send a link of this amp for reference?

also I want to see a pic of this amp in a backpack, so do you also have speaker integrated in the backpack or is this for a head phone setup?

so this is a backpack setup... my mistake i wasn't 100% about the amp to begin with and i assumed it was car audio as we are on a car audio site? lol

so how do you power this amp and can you send a link of this amp for reference?

also I want to see a pic of this amp in a backpack, so do you also have speaker integrated in the backpack or is this for a head phone setup?

12v Motorcycle battery.

I had a 4" Coby 4th order, and two JBL Pro two ways. 2.1 setup.

Pics are uploading.

wow that is kind a cool! I like it!

so 12v motocycle battery, interesting.

what is the charge on the battery? I assume you have charged it up but maybe the battery can't hold a charge to long?

how old is the battery?

also how do you turn this amp on? switch i assume also how do you plug your ... ipod into it? or is there a usb hard drive?

Did the battery die? When the battery voltage drops too low some amps dont like to play. :suicide-santa:

Edit: ninja'd :rofl2:

Edited by BaMF101

what are the specs on this amp?

also do you think the speakers MIGHT have shorted out (internally)

but again how is the amp turned on?

in this picture here what are we looking at?

120118_0001.jpg

it kind a looks like a battery and a power inverter.

also how is this backpack for heat? like how does the heat escape from the backpack? or do you like the feel of a heater on your back as you walk LOL (being winter time not a big deal)

what are the specs on this amp?

also do you think the speakers MIGHT have shorted out (internally)

but again how is the amp turned on?

85w rms x 4 @ 4ohms

I was running it at 1+2 bridged @ 8 ohms, and 3L and 4R at 8 ohms each.

The amp simply will not power on. The remote turn on seems to have failed.

in this picture here what are we looking at?

120118_0001.jpg

it kind a looks like a battery and a power inverter.

also how is this backpack for heat? like how does the heat escape from the backpack? or do you like the feel of a heater on your back as you walk LOL (being winter time not a big deal)

It gets warm with the cooling fan turned off (not in that picture, it's two feet to the left waiting to be installed)

But since it's so frigid outside, I usually leave the fan off, and let the winter air do it's job, for a little extra current. Odd little fan sucks tons of juice. Supposed to be 12v, 0.5a

When the battery is up on its charge, it runs just barely warm, (same temp playing or muted) just barely warm enough to notice.

I had a wire running from the Rem+ up to the battery positive, I would simply connect it when I turned it on. Never had an issue like that. No turn on pop or anything.

to see if the remote is the issue simply run a little wire from the positive terminal of the battery(or amp) and put it into the remote of the amp. if the amp turns on the remote system is screwed and if it doesn't turn on then the amp is screwed or your battery isn't supplying 12vdc.

so try the remote to positive terminal and report back!

to see if the remote is the issue simply run a little wire from the positive terminal of the battery(or amp) and put it into the remote of the amp. if the amp turns on the remote system is screwed and if it doesn't turn on then the amp is screwed or your battery isn't supplying 12vdc.

so try the remote to positive terminal and report back!

See the above post;

I already had it run that way, I used an ipod as the source not a radio with a remote out. (Need to pick up two more batteries yet ;) )

Also, power inverter as battery charger; pros, cons? Obviously it works, but how does it affect battery longevity?

115v AC --> 13.8v dc

o so you are using a power inverter to charge a battery and not a battery charger? as for pros and cons i have never done anything like this lol!

although i wonder what everyone else will say....

so your power inverter how many amps can it support? also how many amps is your setup using?

and i see you added the remote question to the picture! i over looked it at first lol! i guess we were posting at the same time! ;)

so your power inverter how many amps can it support? also how many amps is your setup using?

and i see you added the remote question to the picture! i over looked it at first lol! i guess we were posting at the same time! ;)

3amp constant, 4amp surge

And the battery is...err.... damn it's sealed up inside the sealed chamber of the 4th order right now. It's enough to max the highs, and put the sub at 1/2, thought i'm fairly sure that isn't a viable measurement

Maybe 12-15amps? Not enough, hence it being one of three/four that the final bag will be comprised of.

It's an AGM so I can be reckless with whatever angle I leave the bag at :lol: (sounds insignificant, but sulfuric acid was the end of three of the previous five backpacks)

so this battery how much does it weigh and how many ah does it have? lol!

also 1 of 4 lol how much is this bag going to carry? one thing is for sure it will sure make you a tough cookie walking around the mall making all kinds of noise or school lol

also 1 of 4 lol how much is this bag going to carry? one thing is for sure it will sure make you a tough cookie walking around the mall making all kinds of noise or school lol

It's only a couple pounds. The box and speakers are the savior, they are *quite* light, much moreso than previous systems. Even with the estimated weight of all four batteries, it's not nearly as much of a back breaker as the dual 6.5" bose setup I had (two Bose subs, two Bose mids, two Pioneer tweets, 10lb battery, .5"Mdf ported @38hz)

Reserve rating... I have no idea, It has no label other than "EverStart" lol.

I got it for $15 as opposed to the full $65, open box discount.