TravTravStuntAlotHamilton

Sub choice help

I have a dodge charger im trying to put some sundown subs in and I need help picking a line. My goal is to be very loud on music and 30-35 tune. I currently I have a DC alt 270xp, 4 xs 3400's batteries, and im either going to order a DC 5k or preferrably saz 4500 (if i can find one). also due to trunk space....I can't have 15's ported. so it's either 2 12's ported or 3 12's ported. What line of sub and how many is my best option?

What's your trunk dimensions? I have a hard time believing that you can't put 15s in it.

What's your trunk dimensions? I have a hard time believing that you can't put 15s in it.

I can put 15's ... but it has to be a really small box that isnt even spec'd for the sub.....the problem is the dodge chargers trunk opening its so small.

I have a dodge charger im trying to put some sundown subs in and I need help picking a line. My goal is to be very loud on music and 30-35 tune. I currently I have a DC alt 270xp, 4 xs 3400's batteries, and im either going to order a DC 5k or preferrably saz 4500 (if i can find one). also due to trunk space....I can't have 15's ported. so it's either 2 12's ported or 3 12's ported. What line of sub and how many is my best option?

Why do you want a Sundown amp? DC Audio or Crescendo amps FTW.

Why so many batteries? You have a HO alt(sorry to hear it is DC Power).

BTW 5.0K on two 12's is overkill by a long shot for a music/daily setup.

lol im just trying to be loud and the batteries.....was just trying to make sure I have minimal voltage drop...

I can put 15's ... but it has to be a really small box that isnt even spec'd for the sub.....the problem is the dodge chargers trunk opening its so small.

how do you know the box will be too small....?????

i thought this was a sub choice topic....

I would not cram 15s like you said. Just because you can possibly fit it, it may not be the best route. Now, if you are stuck on sundown subs only, here are a few recommendations.

You could do 3 Z v.3 12's although if you got D2's you'd either wire to 1.34ohm or 3 ohm load. If you got D1's it would be .67 ohm or 1.5 ohm.

Next, this is just a thought, you could look at doing 4 sa-10s possibly? They recommend 1.5ft^3 for each.

I would not cram 15s like you said. Just because you can possibly fit it, it may not be the best route. Now, if you are stuck on sundown subs only, here are a few recommendations.

You could do 3 Z v.3 12's although if you got D2's you'd either wire to 1.34ohm or 3 ohm load. If you got D1's it would be .67 ohm or 1.5 ohm.

Next, this is just a thought, you could look at doing 4 sa-10s possibly? They recommend 1.5ft^3 for each.

yea this guy is running 3 sa 12's on a 4500 and i think his box is 6 cubes?

He probably wants to match the subs with the amp.

BTW how is 5k overkill? His electrical will probably support it.

OP Look at some SSA Zcons. Very nice from what I've been told.

yea i was thinking zv3's or zcons at box tune to 32 which would be best? and each one will probably only see around 1.5kw to 1.7 a peice.....

the zv3's are rated 1500 and the zcons are 2250... and the FS on the zcons are lower

Edited by Nextime

yea i was thinking zv3's or zcons at box tune to 32 which would be best? and each one will probably only see around 1.5kw to 1.7 a peice.....

the zv3's are rated 1500 and the zcons are 2250... and the FS on the zcons are lower

I'd personally go for the Zcons or Xcons. The prices of the Zcon and Zv3 are similar, but the Zcon is rated higher and made in the USA.

You should also look into getting a Crescendo amp. My understanding is that their made at the same factory as DC Amps.

Edited by That Guy

I'd personally go for the Zcons or Xcons. The prices of the Zcon and Zv3 are similar, but the Zcon is rated higher and made in the USA.

You should also look into getting a Crescendo amp. My understanding is that their made at the same factory as DC Amps.

I can't find crescendo pricing any where. You have a link?

lol im just trying to be loud and the batteries.....was just trying to make sure I have minimal voltage drop...

If you have current draw that is exceeding your alternator's output you will have voltage drop regardless of the amount of batteries used. Multiple batteries are worthless unless you plan on driving around at 12V or playing your system with the car off.

Nah man, you need more than a 250a alt to support a solid 5k amp.

Nobody needs 5k for a music/daily setup. I dont care WHO you are. OVERKILL.

im running 2600 to a single zcon 15 off a audioque 3500.1 for daily use and it loves it. never bottoms out or nothing. hit every note like a champ!!

ZCON FTW

I can't find crescendo pricing any where. You have a link?

I don't have a link but here ya go:

Bc2000d $339 shipped

Bc3500d $616 shipped

Bc5500d $921 shipped

If you have current draw that is exceeding your alternator's output you will have voltage drop regardless of the amount of batteries used. Multiple batteries are worthless unless you plan on driving around at 12V or playing your system with the car off.

thats an opinion NOTHING more.

....and?

....and?

and you keep pushing the issue like its a fact... and its not... so why do you keep saying it... and then adding things like "and i dont care who you are" ..... its an opinion.. leave it at that.

Some opinions are helpful, others are not. :lol:

When you say: "Nah man, you need more than a 250a alt to support a solid 5k amp. "

Your making it sound like you play test tones with a pretty low impedance all day long.

....and?

and you keep pushing the issue like its a fact... and its not... so why do you keep saying it... and then adding things like "and i dont care who you are" ..... its an opinion.. leave it at that.

......and?

Yeah it is MY opinion. I've stated that once it that reply, fucktard.

When you say: "Nah man, you need more than a 250a alt to support a solid 5k amp. "

Your making it sound like you play test tones with a pretty low impedance all day long.

To support a 5k amp you need more than a 250a. You know this.

Why would you, or anybody, buy a 5K amp and not plan on using it? Just to say oyu have it?

To support a 5k amp you need more than a 250a. You know this.

Why would you, or anybody, buy a 5K amp and not plan on using it? Just to say oyu have it?

I never mentioned not using it.

Realistically if your playing music, the impedance in the circuit will be varying all the time, so you won't be drawing the max current 24/7.

Between his alternator and his battery reserve, his electrical should be up to par. Sure he'll likely experience some slight voltage drop, but that doesn't mean his batteries will go dead, he'll get stuck on the side of the road, or his ecu will fry.