Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

Car audio in home

Alright so if I wanted to buy car speakers and subwoofers what would I need to make them work and sound good in my room? Im planning on getting some 6.5s components. And maybe 2 8" subwoofers. What would I need to make them work at home?

Alright so if I wanted to buy car speakers and subwoofers what would I need to make them work and sound good in my room? Im planning on getting some 6.5s components. And maybe 2 8" subwoofers. What would I need to make them work at home?

Why are you going to buy car audio gear for your house?

Purchasing the 6.5 components for your home isn't a wise decision. For starters, most car audio companies don't release enough information about the speakers to allow you to build a proper enclosure for them. Second, the crossover would need to be designed for the specific enclosure you are installing them in, and since that's not the way the included crossover was designed, it would be a poor match. Just purchase a set of pre-designed home audio speakers.

The subwoofers might not be terrible, depending on your listening needs, as long as they are designed to work ported (output with two 8's sealed in a house would be terrible), and as long as you can obtain an impedance that works with your amplifier (home audio amps aren't stable into as low of an impedance as car audio amps).

Well I wanted to make my younger brother some like towers for his room with all car gear so when he can actuly drive he could already be started. I'd like to use everything for car audio, headunit if possible, amps, speakers whatever. But idk how... Lol

Well I wanted to make my younger brother some like towers for his room with all car gear so when he can actuly drive he could already be started. I'd like to use everything for car audio, headunit if possible, amps, speakers whatever. But idk how... Lol

I wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel.

Madisound.com has a great selection.

What would you recommend I look for? It'd be used for music, movies, videogames... And I don't know where to start... Lol I'm only 17 my self and just got into car audio but I have no clue on home audio...

Don't. It's just not going to be that easy or worthwhile.

Madisound.com has a great selection.

What would you recommend I look for? It'd be used for music, movies, videogames... And I don't know where to start... Lol I'm only 17 my self and just got into car audio but I have no clue on home audio...

Don't try to piece yourself together a set of speakers from Madisound. You don't have the experience for it.

I understand your goal, it's just not something easily or sensibly obtained.

Okay I get it don't use car gear... Well then I would like to still do it but what do I look for? It dosnt have to be really loud. Or a high quality system.. More of a project for us..

Okay I get it don't use car gear... Well then I would like to still do it but what do I look for? It dosnt have to be really loud. Or a high quality system.. More of a project for us..

Well if you're just looking to screw around go on parts express and look at their "speaker buyouts" you can get some good deals, but don't look at it as buying his future car stereo.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-642

Comes with everything you need including preassembled cabinets. You solder together the crossovers, install the speakers, wire everything up. It'll be a little project but should still be relatively simple for a novice as long as you can solder.

^^sounds good

Edited by gbn

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=300-642

Comes with everything you need including preassembled cabinets. You solder together the crossovers, install the speakers, wire everything up. It'll be a little project but should still be relatively simple for a novice as long as you can solder.

A bit more money but way better speaker:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-702

If you can build the box your self you can get the kit for 125 with out it.

Also what are you looking for, price, size, what is important to you?