Sign in to follow this  
Budah93

Component Speaker Question

I'm buying a new set of components in the next few weeks and was wondering if any one has used a set of Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S. I've read some pretty good things about them. If any one has expererience with them let me know how the bass, clearity, over all durability of the speakers. thanks

This probably doesn't help at all but............I had the power 6x9's and they sounded pretty decent as far as the quality of sound. With where they were mounted imaging and staging was doodoo but they got loud and sounded good.

EDIT: I had the two ways with the "floating" tweeter so it was kinda like a component set.

Edited by An-i-no

i'm also willing to look at other component sets that would be better if they are in the same price range so around $200 give or take. If you have another set for me to look at please give me some info on the set thanks

i'm also willing to look at other component sets that would be better if they are in the same price range so around $200 give or take. If you have another set for me to look at please give me some info on the set thanks

If you're good at tuning then go for this Pioneer set. It might not sound great out of the box, but I have personally heard a set that sounded great with a little work. Better than my Hertz HSK-165.

If you wanna spend a little more, go for this ID set. The tweets are VERY bright and in your face so you'll want to mount them low and off axis. I have personally heard these as well.

I haven't heard the Rockfords though. And obviously you can look around the internet and find better prices. I just like Sonic cuz they have the best pictures.

Does DLS make good speakers?? They arent super expensive but i've heard pretty good things about them

Does DLS make good speakers?? They arent super expensive but i've heard pretty good things about them

Take any subjective reviews you read on the internet with a grain of salt. The install is more important than the equipment. IMO your best bet is to allocate part of your speaker budget to treating the doors rather than just blowing it all on some "high end" car audio components.

Check on madisound. They have some zaph audio and hivi component sets within your budget.

What do you mean treat the doors?

What do you mean treat the doors?

Sound deaden your doors.

IE: before sound deadener, the driver mounted to my door would cause panel resonance, plastic lining to flap around, and the actual outer door panel to rattle against the sheet metal.

After deadener, the cabin was much quieter, and the doors didn't make any noise. Midbass can also improve (creating a barrier between the front wave and back wave from the speaker).

Thats what i assumed you meant but just checking. I'm buying some sds here soon