Sign in to follow this  
CBFryman

Transmission Lines In Trunk

Well since ascendant has slashed the price on the Assasin more than likely assasins will be in my GF's moms truck and my GF's car.

For my GF's car if a wicked one just wont work the way i want it to this is my idea...Transmisison line in a false floor. :domoslay:

I have a few questions though, Would it be a good idea to put the speakers (probably two assasin 10's) 1/3 down the line to eliminate harmonics from the transmission line? Ive read death stories about improperly designed transmission lines ending up sounding more like organs than SQ enclsoures because of harmonics :blink: .

Also, Does anyone know of a formula for how much X ammount of stuffing will dampen the sound of speed X ammount?

any input would be greatly appreciated. :slayer:

Also, would it be a good idea to have them jsut firing into the cab? or into the trunk. She listens to mostly Rap and Heavy Metal ocasionaly. I dont want to build her chit and have it sucks wince her mom is paying for it and not me. And i dont want to go throug the time or hassle of building a new enclosure.

Edited by CBFryman

well chit, i just thought of this, putting the speakers inside of the line, instead of acting as a closed end of a pipe, would make it an open pip and have to be 1/2 a wavelength to acheive the desired 1st resonance wouldnt it. :(

well chit, i just thought of this, putting the speakers inside of the line, instead of acting as a closed end of a pipe, would make it an open pip and have to be 1/2 a wavelength to acheive the desired 1st resonance wouldnt it. :(

From what I've experienced with T-Lines certian types of stuffing work better than others. Polyfill for instance does nearly nothing to increase the apparent length of the line but acousta stuff and fibbergalss (and wool) surely do. At .5-7bls per foot you'll increase perceieved lenth about 30%

As far as where to put the sub, the line will act shorter the more center mounted the sub is, but these can be smoother in output from what i've heard.

If you want to build something once and build it right then I would go with a ported box or sealed.

A 12" T line for my max is well over 130lbs so I don't know if you want to be putting that in a trunk.

U could do 4th order and port it to the cab of the car!

If you're doing a t line with a pair I'd stick to 8's or 6's just based on size and weight.