no_username

wiring question

Tomorrow is the day i get to install!

A few questions

So since i have to parelle wire can i do that through the box termibals or do i have to do it directly sub to sub?

Also a link to a good 50hz tone cd

Edit: Horrible explanation.

Just wire all your + to a single terminal on the inside, and all your - to another terminal inside. Then send + and - from outside to amp.

Edited by watts09

Hm. Thanks for the pics

I have a dual portes box. And 2 dvc 4 ohm

So for my paraelle wiring i was just wondering how to do it. Guess it might make more sence when i see my box soon

Thanks!

So what you did is did all the paraelle wiring inside the box and took teo bolts and screwed the inside final leads to that bolt. Then the outside attached more wire to go to amp?

Hope that helps.

As for the tone, I'm assuming you're doing that to set your gains with a DMM. I would suggest against that. What to do instead; start with everything flat on your deck, gains set to zero, SSF all the way up. Find a bass heavy song and with your volume at max what you turn it up to start to turn the gain up, and SSF down 'till you start to get the output you want. Keep adjusting to your desired output or until you start to see, hear, or smell stress from the sub. From there back off a bit and keep watch on voltage and the same stress as before. Suspension with loosen up and you may need to adjust to accomodate.

That's just a quick overview, I may have missed something. Any questions just let me know.

Edited by watts09

Hm. Thanks for the pics

I have a dual portes box. And 2 dvc 4 ohm

So for my paraelle wiring i was just wondering how to do it. Guess it might make more sence when i see my box soon

Thanks!

"dual portes box"? link?

Its made by dc creations

I was going to have sub sound lvl on hu at max

Mid high basd at 0

Should loud be on or off?

And defeat off

Then with car idle i was hoing to tske dmm leads to the amp and set my gain to 24.49~

So subsonic filter should be at max?

Change my wiring "explanation". Hope that's more understandable. Sub level can be max on sub, just make sure it's not bass boost.

I have my loud function off, just another "boost"

Don't like the DMM way of tuning, it's not as accurate as you think, with music being so dynamic.

Start with SSF at max, lower to about 3-5 hz, below your tuning; play a note about 3 hz below tuning and turn it down until you start to hear, smell, or see stress from sub, then turn it up a little. (this is all in relation to where your gain is set as well.)

It just takes practice and getting to know your subs and how they react in your box. Start slow and work your way up, you should be fine if you're not stressing your sub and you have the proper voltage to back up your power demands.

Personally, I would take the wires 6 and 5 from the right sub to the terminals to amp, but yes, that would work.

Edited by watts09

Just go to this link http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.com/tools/subwoofer-wiring/ . Very easy to understand and see. Just select how many subs, what ohm the coils are, and then select if ur using a monoblock, 2 channel, or 4 channel amp it will show a set up with amp and the subs and how to hook it up to whatever ohm you want