Sign in to follow this  
BavarianBeast

SSA xcon 12"

I just got my ssa xcon 12" and all i had was a 250 watt amp so I hooked it up to see what it sounded like and omfg this thing is really the best sounding subwoofer I have ever heard and got loud of the little power I gave it , so now im looking for an amp to power this beast. It is a d2 so any suggestions on a good amp besides sundown ?

Thank you.

Bavarian Beast.

Ive seen good results with Hifonics amps if your looking to stay on the cheaper side.

^x2

i have used the brz1200 before and its awsome. i also have friends with the 1700 and 2100, we have never had any problems with them.

Ive seen good results with Hifonics amps if your looking to stay on the cheaper side.

^x2

i have used the brz1200 before and its awsome. i also have friends with the 1700 and 2100, we have never had any problems with them.

Anything that does rated power between 1k-2k will really wake the XCON up.

hmm I was interested in the new ppi bk1800.1 , but im not sure on the ppi's new stuff. Me personally I dont like hifonics . I was also looking at crescendo audio bc2000 but its allitle on the high side of my budget .

you can look at aq amp, also may want to consider buying used or referbish (db-r electronics) if budget is going to be a problem or look at the 1200 - 1500 watts rms range.

If you are not trying to chase numbers, sacrifice a little on ratted power for a quality amplifier that will last. An Xcon on a quality amplifier in a solidly built sealed box is outstanding. Don't feel the need to run 2000 watts to it.

Im running it in a 3 cubic feet tuned to 30hz with 2 4" aeroports, its just a daily setup that I want to sound clean and get loud I was looking at the 1500 rms to 2000 range. Not more then $350 , used is also an option. Thank you for your help I just wanted to know what people were runing and what amp sounds the best. I am runing an xs power battery and my car has 0 gauge wire for power and ground (1995 bmw m3). I plan on starting a build thread here maybe.

Edited by BavarianBeast