SMpaintball78

my alt. pretty much exploded today.....

Was the belt still on or did it fly off?

Was the belt still on or did it fly off?

belts still on never came off. i did some research and i think my regulator is just shot. i still drive my truck everyday. but ever since that whole deal with everything shutting off, my volt meter still goes from 13.4-14.3v like nothing. before all this, it was a steady 14.1-14.3v with system off. i took everything out yesterday becasuse i didnt want my alt. suddenly throwing out 18v and blowing my amp and subs.

also, i just got off the phone with my local shop buddy who has the yellow top. he said it was in his wifes car for a few months and then he took it out because they sold the car and its been sitting for 3 months or so and only been on a charger once since then. he said he will charge it all day tomorrow and i can swing by and pick it up, throw it in and use it for a few days to make sure it works as it should. if it does, i pay him for it in a week or so. if it dont work, no biggy he will take it back. that way i can make sure it works 100% before i give any cash on it. does $75 sound good? lol

Like Shizz said. You probably lost s few diodes and were not running on full capacity like you thought. Causing more stress on the battery then normal. Along with the limited current available to maintain the battery. A weak battery can be just as much a load as 1/2 the vehicle sometimes exceeding 20a of draw.

I lost a diode a few months back. Thing sounded like one of the round blow whistles that kids use to have back in the day. Along with a poof of smoke and the alt was toast.

geez lol. mine wasnt that bad haha.

just finished taking everything out :( trucks naked ..

IMG_20120405_185454.jpg

arent they sexyyyy? ;)

IMG_20120405_192154.jpg

IMG_20120405_193121.jpg

whats the diamond plate box?

idk my cousin (the previous owner) made it. he had the box of switches for the strobes and a switch for the amp remote going to it.

IMG_20120405_195304.jpg

i just realized this.. but since i have taken everything out and have no bass, i havent listened to rap at all.... weird lol