808kikdrum

Help please......damn gremlin in substage! Again.

A gremlin that ive experienced once before, and that disappeared on its own before, is back and making me a bit furious. Lows are diminished, kind of loose and hollow sounding. The higher notes are overly strong and seemingly impervious to lpf settings, have a sort of trembling effect to them too. Lower notes often come thru with an initial high note hit thats very pronounced and then goes into the actual note that should be playing but weak and with that "trembling" type effect mentioned earlier. Just sounds out of phase and shitty overall. Ive tweaked all hu and amp settings with no change. This most recent appearance of the gremlin occured after installing an EA alt, but as stated ive had this EXACT issue once before with the stock alt. Any ideas? Bad h\u ground? Ipod\adapter issues? Thanks in advance, im goin nuts here!

Heres the system rundown-

kdc-x991

ipod in glove box with kenwood adapter

RFt400-4

AQ 3500d.1

RF t1652 components in doors

zcon 15 d2 @1ohm

3.84 cuft aeroported @34hz

Big 3 in 0ga

EA 220amp

XS d2400 upfront

Deka agm group31 in trunk

tsunami rcas

knu, tsunami, and scosche 0&4ga, all ofc

You have an issue in the signal. It could be a cable, connector, processing, anywhere. I had a similar issue once. My subs would just die then come back, sometimes with a mysterious thump. Turned out to be a pot on the amplifier crossover daughter board.

Thanks for the reply. Well the 3500d is a recent install and this issue occured before with my 2200 so at least i can be relatively sure its not the amp. Someone needs to invent a "Code reader" for car audio, just plug it in and wait for it to tell u what and where the issue is. I guess then i wouldnt get to enjoy endless pre dawn hours of frustration filled attempts at diagnosis. Anyone near north indy wanna help for beer and sunflower seeds?......beers are imports and the seeds are bbq, pretty sweet deal if u ask me. Any pointers on where to start? Have a dmm, no access to other hu's to test with. Thanks again.

Check out the IAK subsection here. Most of those guys are in Indy.

I shall, thx. just noticed youre in IN, whereabouts?

South Bend.

All my powergroundbig3 are soldered and all contact points are sanded to bare metal. All grounds are at the strut towers in back and up front ive got alt. to strut tower and batt., batt to other strut tower, engine block and frame. Im thinkin maybe crap hu ground, we'll see. Hate not knowing wtf it is causing it!!!! Need a car audio psychic

I'll hit you up & run some ideas past you to test. My Kenwood HU just all of the sudden started having random issues similar before the RCA preouts just went to shit. They still send a signal but it's a dirty scratchy sound...FML!

I'll hit you up & run some ideas past you to test. My Kenwood HU just all of the sudden started having random issues similar before the RCA preouts just went to shit. They still send a signal but it's a dirty scratchy sound...FML!

good deal sir, see u sat.