MikeMartel

Trunk Bracing

Alright.. Along with using CLD tiles for deadening, Im thinking im actually going to need to brace my trunk? Im just looking to talk to someone who has actually done this before, Obviously the CLD tiles are going to do a fair amount of work but the fact that i already have the trunk covered in Dynamat I really think im going to need to do more.. The rattle is intolerable, I can actually hear it over the noise in the base when im sitting in the drivers seat and all the windows up.

I really hope someone can help, or give some input.

how many layers do you have as of now?

what are you actually hearing that is rattling? its useless to use CLD tiles when you have two panels rattling together.

No.. Its the rattle of the rear quarter panels, the trunk and rear bumper. I understand the trunk is rattling up and down ontop of another piece of metal and im going to fix that with some tiles inbetween to create a tighter seal, not allowing any movement.

for that, you should use CCF.

Edited by phi

Well ok. The type of deadener being used in besides the point at the moment ^^. I need to figure out how to brace.. this rattle/flex is too intense for deadener alone to solve.

This is another reason why I like to fire forward sealed from the trunk. The rattles you are talking about shouldn't be there then!

This is another reason why I like to fire forward sealed from the trunk. The rattles you are talking about shouldn't be there then!

I totally agree! I have done a few setups for other people that way and it always sounds great. Every setup I have had I have always had rattles from the trunk that I couldn't tame. This will be my first forward firing setup in my car and I'm very excited.

Firing forward will not work with my trunk and sub setup. Sorry. ^.^ I would have loved to try it but it wouldnt work out very well.

take out your sub :P

Do you know which panel(s) are vibrating the loudest?

Post pics if possible.

take out your sub :P

x2, thats what happens when you put an 18" in the trunk

Ill be posting pictures later today probably. Im taking out the box to fix it a little bit, once I do that ill take some pictures of inside the trunk and see what you guys think.