bought this sub back in january and finally installed it in my truck about a month ago was in a sealed box about .7cubes and heard some air leaks first thought it was coming from a gap when i mounted the sub to the box. turns out a small spot on the dust cap was glued so i had to buy some goop and fix that works great after.

recently started building a ported box and was going to mount the sub in the new box and was just doing a look over on all the parts before i mounted it and noticed a bit of glue missing where the cone meets the spider, it isnt seperated just missing glue it looks like. cant say if it was user error or just a mfg defect, sub hasnt been pushed hard in the little time ive used it.

can i use more goop and fix that up or what? i hope its easily fixable the sub sounds great and getting a recone/new sub from ssa is kinda a hassle living in canada

2ihlbns.jpg

fktgm0.jpg

It's fine. As long as it plays, leave it alone.

thats the glue separating from the former, caused from unloading a sub ( playing below tuning) or over excursion. no a manufacturer defect IMO.

as of now.. it looks like it will be fine along as you dont unload the sub any more... make sure you set your SSF correctly for your new ported box, and have fun.

those are my opinions , i am not a SSA tech

Jon and Ryan are correct. Keep playing it and make sure it is not unloading.

I would re glue it with epoxy or amazing goop