ou812

Replacing dustcap

I managed to crack the dustcap on beloved OG blue cone Icon 10. I won't get into how I did it but it really has me pissed. I went and got a carbon fiber cap from Fix My speaker. My question....What harm would there be in just glueing the cf cap right over the original? I haven't weighed the cf cap but it feels like it weighs next to nothing. Would it throw off my parameters a lot?

I managed to crack the dustcap on beloved OG blue cone Icon 10. I won't get into how I did it but it really has me pissed. I went and got a carbon fiber cap from Fix My speaker. My question....What harm would there be in just glueing the cf cap right over the original? I haven't weighed the cf cap but it feels like it weighs next to nothing. Would it throw off my parameters a lot?

Yes it will change them. Why didn't you get a new cap from SSA?

Yes it will change them. Why didn't you get a new cap from SSA?

I was willing to live with the crack. It didn't break through but it did bother me. My son actually bought it for me....Birthday gift along with an 80prs from the entire family.So it is worthwhile cutting out the old....I didn't realize it would affect it that much. I should throw this thing on a gram scale. A few grams at most.

It won't add enough weight to make any difference. I would still remove the old dust cap just for possible noise issues later.

It won't add enough weight to make any difference. I would still remove the old dust cap just for possible noise issues later.

That's a good point. I guess if the crack separates I would get noise. I guess I will cut it out then. I didn't think of that. Thank you.

SSA might have some carbon fiber dustcaps in the near future...

I hope so! Are you still considering doing the boob style caps too?

I hope so! Are you still considering doing the boob style caps too?

That is the plan. :)