Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

help me run my 1 guage wire its my first time not having 8guage...

I ordered 1 guage wire and it should be in soon. I have 8guage running to my 2channel now that was drilled through my firewall. Is there any other ways to get such a large wire through? Id rather not put that big of a hole in my vehicle. What are my options? As always all help is very much appreciated

Well is there any way to fit 1 guage into one of those factory firewall holes where all the wires go through?

I have done it in a few vehicles. Your best option is to remove the carpet, and look up into the firewall. You might get lucky and find an unused grommet, or plastic filler plate. That is what happened in my old dodge ram. I had an auto, and they covered up the hole for the clutch master cylinder with a plastic piece. Drill a hole and smoothed it out, and never had a problem.

Iv planned to run my wire straight down from my battery to the frame and along the frame to the very back of my cab where i found a rubber grommet that i will put my wire through. I was so fricken excited when i found that gromet.. then i was trying to decide how to bring it to the bbattery without.hanging or getting caught on anything. The frame is perfect because it will sheild it from anything that could harm it.. im so excited when my wire comes it i dont even have to take my carpet up! Lmao its gunna take like 10 mins vs the hour or so to run it through the firewall and under all the carpet. Any reason not to do it this way?