Sign in to follow this  
2kchevy

Friend has a ford econoline 350

My friend recently purchased a ford econoline 350, 1993 mind you, and needs some help with it. Before I actually ask the questions, has anyone had any experience with this type of vehicle?

Yeah... I have like 2 vans rotting away in my yard!!!! What you need to know about an install? Not to bad!

has the pimp ^^ econo, still love those amps

What type of engine? I think they had the 5.8L V8 in the '350's that range of years...good size stock alternator.

Regardless of the engine, it's pretty damn easy to install stuff in these vans. Front speaker locations are 6x8's, which easily accomodate a 6.5" driver with minor cutting of the door panel. Build a thin baffle to securely mount the speaker.

My '94 E-150 had a 1 DIN radio mount, making it easy to adapt to whatever your source unit may be.

Sound deadening the doors is a piece of cake if you have manual windows, just fill in the large holes with a piece of Lexan or plexi to increase midbass response. The difference is light and day.

If you have any specific install questions (like how to get panels off and where wires are run), feel free to ask. I've lost count of how many times I've tore mine down and re-wired it :)

Well, the E-150 doesn't have a 2.4L engine, so the correlation wasn't apparent at first :)

I blame Ford.