Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

ssd15 box decision... i need help..

I made a box and it ended up being only 3.5cuft... so i can either just seal it and the sub would fit just fine... but i would much rather ported because my experience it is much louder... but if i went ported the port would be 18.125" x 2.25" and the box would only be about 2.5 cuft... tuned around 32.. so i went through 2 sheets of mdf to look at it and say that its too small.... any suggestions? Should i just seal it and wait till i feel up to getting another sheet of mdf to make a ported? Because i have it so close to being ported... like face is cut and everything... it will be much easier to make it ported.. but idk... i need help.

Why are you asking this after you built it? Post the dimensions and I'll see what your options are.

Well i had to form the box around ny seat of my truck... so its all weird shapes... but i have a picture of the box with all the dimensions and what not.. but i cant post on here because i dont have a computer... i use my phone... but the box would be 2.5 cuft with the port 18.125" x 2.25" tuned to 32 hz.... but would my ssd sound better in that or in the sealed box? Thats my question. Btw i want louder if possible... but still go on music... so i need my 32 hz tuning.

Well even though no1 helped me i decided to make the box ported and it is roughly 2.4 cuft tuned around 33 hz. Btw it slamms way harder than my x12 i replaced with this. Where is the cheapest place for some bondo?... lol