Sign in to follow this  
AgentTyler

Recone Icon 12 to Xcon 12?

2010 Honda Civic. I want more room in my trunk and I just want a 10" for SQ. I dont want to beat the car to death with rattling being its new. I just want really nice sound. The sub will be the last thing added to the car tho as I wanna get my front stage finished first.

The 12" and the 10" will sound exactly the same, only difference is potential output. Seal up the 12 in a .9 - 1.1 box. That won't take up much space in the civic.

How low can sealed boxes go?

Okay. I always thought sealed boxes are always tuned to a certain freq. for some reason.

I haven't had a sealed box in 3 years either so its been awhile. So sealed will be more punchy?

Edited by AgentTyler

Okay. I always thought sealed boxes are always tuned to a certain freq. for some reason.

I haven't had a sealed box in 3 years either so its been awhile. So sealed will be more punchy?

Yes.

:doit:

Okay. Well it wont be for sometime. I have other priorities for the car first like: head unit, new component set, wires, amps. It's going to take some time

So I got my new head unit put in last night. I bought the Pioneer AVIC-X940BT and so far it's amazing. My next 2 purchases will be a Hertz Hi-Energy Components and also a Audison Bit Ten D.

So I got my new head unit put in last night. I bought the Pioneer AVIC-X940BT and so far it's amazing. My next 2 purchases will be a Hertz Hi-Energy Components and also a Audison Bit Ten D.

Make sure you buy them from an authorized dealer. There are a lot of fake hertz and audison products online.

Yup, I have an authorized dealer about 40 minutes away. Went and checked them out yesterday, very nice place. I'll be having them install everything too.