JPed2563.1

I want to upgrade my underhood battery, butttt...

Okay, so I want to upgrade my underhood battery, obviously. I was thinking about snagging up a smaller, cheaperish XS power batt for now, but I've heard that you need to run the exact battery you have up front, in the back. It had to do something with the batteries charging wrong or something, I don't know, ha.

My real question is, could I pick up a smaller high quality batter for up front, and pick up a larger one for the back and be safe?

They don't have to necessarily be the same. What you are thinking of is TYPES of batteries when you run a lead acid and an AGM style battery SOMETIMES if the car sits for awhile the batteries will level out voltage. Although unless your car sits for a stupid long time you will be fine running two different types of batteries.

Oh, well balls.

Perfect then, I've been hesitating soooo hard on upgrading my electrical because of that, haha.

Thank you, good sir.

They don't have to be the same so long as they are both AGM...I run a batcap 2000 under the hood and a c&d 270FR in the back...two completely different batts but it works just fine

They don't have to be the same so long as they are both AGM...I run a batcap 2000 under the hood and a c&d 270FR in the back...two completely different batts but it works just fine

Not really, the only issue as I stated before if the car sits the larger AGM battery will drain the front battery sometimes preventing it from starting. But as long as you dont let it sit forever this will rarely if ever happen