Sorry about your losses. I am glad you and yours are safe.

That is for sure a USA-500A I know I have one stashed under the seat of my F-150wink.png

IIRC the 500a is rated at over 1Kw@4ohms. My amp was tested at ZED Audio and it put out 430w@4ohms at 1% thd. Based on that I have a 250c. From all the pics I have seen the 500a has speaker and power leads on opposing ends of the amp. My speaker and power leads are on the same side.

Unfortunately ZED had no idea what amp (model) it is. I was told it is not upgradable.

I used be the production manager for US Amps. That is not a 250C! there is no space on the board for the relay.

500A should have 2 8 gauge powers and grounds. Was that a stereo measurment or single channel?

That is tested as a mono channel, left/right bridged.

It came with dual power leads. I asked ZED to solder the dual leads back in since a previous owner cut off one set. ZED said it drew 51a at max output and dual leads are unnecessary.

Bridged should Right Positive and Left Negative. The board is a 500A but that might be a Milo custom. Meaning it could be anything.

Bridged should Right Positive and Left Negative. The board is a 500A but that might be a Milo custom. Meaning it could be anything.

That is how it is wired

I know for sure it is an 500A. I have mine naked on my bench and all the the components I can identify match the ones on my board. The difference might be those transistors under the aluminum strip. If that is the case, $50 worth of new transistors at Freelanceelectronics.com will change that. Odd thing about those output wires is that the pos. of one side and neg. of the other are on the ground side of the board. Odd how that will not cancel your bass.

I am hoping to post the pics you need today. I had three tress go down, didn't have power for almost the entire week. When power did come back on I had emergency plumbing work to do, ugh. I am also in the midst of remodeling my house, room-to-room. I need a vacation.

Gut pics.

Power side :

EClarkPhoto-9078.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9057.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9075.jpg

Transistor in question

EClarkPhoto-9060.jpg

RCA side

EClarkPhoto-9063.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9059.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9081.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9079.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9082.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9061.jpg

edouble, thank you so much for the pics. They are great. I can only imagine how much activity is going on your neck of the woods. Sounds like yourself has quite a way to go, be strong my fellow audiophile for this too shall pass.

edouble, thank you so much for the pics. They are great. I can only imagine how much activity is going on your neck of the woods. Sounds like yourself has quite a way to go, be strong my fellow audiophile for this too shall pass.

Slowly but surely life is returning to it's normal craziness. Thanks for the kind words.

Hello again edouble. I pray all's well with you & yours. I need a favor regarding those pics again. I sent my 500a for repair based on the photos you sent me. Now the tech needs the numbers of the little three legged spider looking transistors on the power side. If you still own this amp or have those pics available could you please forward them to me? Thank you.

Hello again edouble. I pray all's well with you & yours. I need a favor regarding those pics again. I sent my 500a for repair based on the photos you sent me. Now the tech needs the numbers of the little three legged spider looking transistors on the power side. If you still own this amp or have those pics available could you please forward them to me? Thank you.

I am restoring this amplifier again and I came back to this thread for info and just saw our question. Are you still looking for this?