krb1991

what could be the problem?

Just hooked my amp up to mids and highs and the white rca end into my amp is only coming out with sound very quiet and static as hell?if i got new rcas they dont come with the ground wire that came with the ones i got wiith my kit. What do you guys suggest i do? Thanks.

if i got new rcas they dont come with the ground wire that came with the ones i got wiith my kit

what?

There is a terminal on amp for rca grnd... My rcas came with a ground wire... I look at new rcas in shops and they dont come with grnd wire.. Idk what problem is.

what amp is it?

Mb quart 2 channel fx60 i think

i do not see where that amp requires a RCA ground... nor have i ever heard of that...

i have added grounds to the RCA side of the stereo.. but i have never seen a RCA ground on the amp....

can you take a pic?

Yes. Do u have a cell number i can send it to plz im ln phone no comp itd be so much easier thanks for ur help

The wire down the middle of the RCAs isn't meant to be a ground wire. Some kits include them for use of the amplifier remote turn on wire.

Yeah it says remote on it. So i dont need it? Why do you think static is coming out of one rca? Do i need new ones?

bromo is correct, but your saying the amp has a place for a RCA ground

Just say REM on it between power and ground

this is getting confusing,

ok power to power, ground to ground,.... on the RCA wires there is a small gauge wire that runs down the center.. you need to have it hooked up to the remote input of the amp and the remote wire output on the stereo.....

now if everything is hooked up correctly and your having an issue you will first want to check for a short on the RCA lines,.... replace them,. or take your Ipod, and a mini to rca, go directly to the amp,

if it plays fine then your RCa wires are bad.

with a new set of RCA wires, you will need to run another remote wire if your new ones do not have the remote wire running down the center.... i never use the RCA remote anyhow.. its very thin

Well I AM A go buy more remote wirr and rcas and see if that fixes it

You could hook a mp3 or Ipod to the amp with a rca adapter and see if that fixes the problem.

Do i have to have remote wire and where would i buy it i cant find seperatly

The remote wire is what tells the amp to turn on. You can just use speaker wire.

The pos wire right lol sry for dumb question?

Could i use the red power wire for the remote wire?

Any 12 volt source wire will turn it on, it is connected to the headunit so that when the head unit is on the amplifier is on, then the headunit is off the amplifier is off. Any ignition wire will work.

Great thanks

warning. if you simply jump your power wire to your remote like you are asking, the amp will stay on all the time and it will drain your battery