Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Replaced the fuel filter on my truck and man was it dirty tapped.it against the ground and a bunch of shit came out, also cleaned the MAF sensor and its still running rough, couldnt find an OBD meter to hook up to my truck, called the peice of shit mechanic I took my truck to last month and he said 50$ just to hook it up and see what codes it throws..Fuck Him!

That's one of my least favorite attitudes about mechanics. What is it you do for a living? Do you like to do it for free for someone who just walks in the door? By your statement I am to assume that you expect me to take 15 minutes to work for free just for you. Not only that, but I should hook up my $15,000 scan tool up and provide you with my years of experience for free.

Why do people feel like mechanics should just do shit for them for free? Just because I am greasy means I don't deserve to make a living?

Im a full time college student majoring in welding, and work at burger king while in college. Last month i spent 730$ at that mechanic because my truck died and would not start 1st time he said it was a corroded anti theft wire.and soldered

It and charged me 200$ one week later it died the same exact way and would not start he replaced the distributor

And charged me 200$. The other 300$ was for a different reason, he also left a vacuum line off. My truck was not feeling like it was going to die when stopped until i got it out of the shop

You said you work with HVAC? Which is like AC's?

Saturday i spent 8 hours playing with the cooling towers for the argon an carbon dioxide tanks that is over 80 feet tall..smile.png

OK, so Seth bought his first set of cans. They are easily driven, 18 ohm cans. Sennhieser Momentums.

Who here uses cans and what amps are you using? Interested in tubes.

Requirements:

• must be able to roll so they have to be socketed.
  • down to 18 ohms, 20 should be safe
  • I would really like 3.5mm and RCA inputs
  • small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

Mofo!! better get a hold of me sethy!!  I mean it it!! angry2.gif

gayhaaay1.gif

Mofo you are why I came here!! You are my fuckin hero!!biggrin.png

Replaced the fuel filter on my truck and man was it dirty tapped.it against the ground and a bunch of shit came out, also cleaned the MAF sensor and its still running rough, couldnt find an OBD meter to hook up to my truck, called the peice of shit mechanic I took my truck to last month and he said 50$ just to hook it up and see what codes it throws..Fuck Him!

That's one of my least favorite attitudes about mechanics. What is it you do for a living? Do you like to do it for free for someone who just walks in the door? By your statement I am to assume that you expect me to take 15 minutes to work for free just for you. Not only that, but I should hook up my $15,000 scan tool up and provide you with my years of experience for free.

Why do people feel like mechanics should just do shit for them for free? Just because I am greasy means I don't deserve to make a living?

And yes you and him deserve to make a living but when i didnt have a problem with it dieing until i get it out of the shop that is a problem that he shouldve fixed.

Saturday i spent 8 hours playing with the cooling towers for the argon an carbon dioxide tanks that is over 80 feet tall..smile.png

Damn, i know nothing about HVAC, but it is offered at the college, next step is a machining class

OK, so Seth bought his first set of cans. They are easily driven, 18 ohm cans. Sennhieser Momentums.

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

PM sent!!jon.gif

Damn, i know nothing about HVAC, but it is offered at the college, next step is a machining class

Grab the HVAC if you can...

People will always have to have heating and cooling..Job for demand...

If you do autoCAD have fun with that shit.. I did a year of that and it was the most boring thing I have ever done in my life time..

So far I like the Pangea HP201

PGHP201_nheron.jpg

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGHP201

And the Schiit Valhalla II

val2-main-1000.jpg

http://schiit.com/products/valhalla-2

But both are more than I want to spend. I think if I go that route I may as well just pony up a cunt hair more and invest in some Jolida goodness...

ajdfxhablk_2_.jpg

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-257809-jolida-fx-headphone-amp.aspx

I am a huge fan of Jolida after having heard some of their units a few years back, and they are really affordable... Integrated tubes providing 60X2 for around a grand... Seriously.

So back to my budget...

HiFiMan EF2A can be had for $170 gets great reviews.

ef2a_zpskoa7dpn2.jpg

The Little Dot 6J1 X2 gets killer reviews...

41Jw1CCMOiL.jpg

http://store3.webcortex.com/product_detail.php?id=SKUB00A2QM5O6&gclid=CjwKEAjwg7yqBRCu5NmlgMm6i08SJADDEudZruEHkJ7pwzYyMMlJIfBiNOs0jxAspaIfnUWXcQ9wJhoCrlDw_wcB#.VU_0HJOfzfZ

Little Dot MKIII is also high up there, but for $370 I might as well step up to the Jolida...

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

But see, now you have new friends...

Im a full time college student majoring in welding, and work at burger king while in college. Last month i spent 730$ at that mechanic because my truck died and would not start 1st time he said it was a corroded anti theft wire.and soldered

It and charged me 200$ one week later it died the same exact way and would not start he replaced the distributor

And charged me 200$. The other 300$ was for a different reason, he also left a vacuum line off. My truck was not feeling like it was going to die when stopped until i got it out of the shop

Distributors behave differently than anti-theft. Sometimes vacuum lines get left off. Nobody is perfect. Aside from me, but that is beside the point. If it ran like shit, why did you leave with it? Finally, if you were so dissatisfied, why do you keep going back?

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

But still you are my interwebz best friend brother...by far cool.png

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

PM sent!!jon.gif

This guy is stalking me... Someone call the cops!!! He sent me a cock pic!!!

Brown_Leghorn_rooster_in_Australia.jpg

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

PM sent!!jon.gif

LOL mofo!!!

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

Not to many peeps like me here..sad.png

Distributors behave differently than anti-theft. Sometimes vacuum lines get left off. Nobody is perfect. Aside from me, but that is beside the point. If it ran like shit, why did you leave with it? Finally, if you were so dissatisfied, why do you keep going back?

It started running like shit a few hours after i got it out, i took it back all they did was put the vacuum line back on, and i dont know any good mechanics near me.... the other day when i replaced the fuel filter it looked like a line was off by my transmission, and they did lift my truck up and look for problems. Is there a vacuum line, by the transmission on a 1998 chevy s10 4.3 if you know?

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

PM sent!!jon.gif

If I wanted to stalk you...You know I could am very capable of doing so.. biggrin.png

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

Fuck 'em then. Not too many like me either.

It started running like shit a few hours after i got it out, i took it back all they did was put the vacuum line back on, and i dont know any good mechanics near me.... the other day when i replaced the fuel filter it looked like a line was off by my transmission, and they did lift my truck up and look for problems. Is there a vacuum line, by the transmission on a 1998 chevy s10 4.3 if you know?

No. It is likely a vent hose. The trans uses them (as do differentials and transfer cases) to allow for gas emissions due to expansion and contraction of fluids because of heat. Without them they would blow seals when they get hot. Your engine uses a PCV system now, but they used to use draft tubes for this before tree huggers got into the mix.

Requirements:

• small footprint
  • under $250

Shoot!!!

gayhaaay1.gif

Fuck 'em then. Not too many like me either.

I do bro!! I know you got my back brother,so as always for years I am here for you bro....

Got a question for everyone, if you had the chance to turn back time, and go to college what would you major in/do, and to do what as a career? If your answer is what your doing now, what is it that you do, and what do you love about your profession? Just curious because I love to weld but Im curious to explore other areas in college besides welding,

Thanks-Stephen

I wanted to become a Dentist but let my pops talk me out of it and got a Business Administration degree.

I would be a psychiatrist.