Sign in to follow this  
abianca99

Redoing old build

I had my system installed about 10 years ago and I ve never really been happy with it. I finally have started diving into to the install and am not happy with very much of it as far as quality and cleanliness. I like things to look stealth and very clean. I have been doing a lot of reading and am getting a plan together. You can see what I have now in my sig. I have questions about wiring, sound deadening, component speaker mounting and adapters, and sub and enclosure. Is this the right section for all these questions? Couple questions to start it off...I have a capacitor that I've had about 12 years now. I always thought it was a good thing until I started reading that I dont need one. Since I already have it, should I reuse it in my install or not? I am going to do the big 3 so...Im guessing I should not use it. Also, where can I get some quality speaker adapters for 6.5"? I noticed mine are stripped out and damaged some. Also, I'm going to be building my own sub box...I might need some design help because I'm struggling figuring out what size sub i can fit behind my rear bench seat. I am really limited on depth. I really dont want to run a shallow depth sub. I've been looking at a few subs. I really like the SSA Gcon. If I have the space I would like to give it a try. Others are FI Xseries, and SD SD2. The SD2 isnt my first choice initially, but it may seem like the best option because of my space.

Edited by abianca99

You need to give more information, such as dimensions you have to fit a box, what your goals are (Do you want it to sound clean? be loud? etc etc) A price range would be nice as well. As far as the capacitor goes from what I've read up on them it will actually be worse for your system then better especially on stock alternator because it just adds 1 more thing to charge.

Ok. My max dimension I have for a box is 45" W , 17.75"H, Bottom depth 9", Top depth 3.75". This would be all I have to work with without moving my rear bench seat forward. And that depth is from my back wall to the back of my seat. I listen to all types of music, but primarily hip hop, dubstep, and country. I want a good blend of SQ and SPL. I am a fan of subs that have strong lows. My goals are to try to use as much of my equipment as I can, and improve what needs to be. I believe the install and wiring needs improvement more than anything. My budget is pretty open , but I'd rather not spend a lot of money if its not necessary.