Sign in to follow this  
theo111

bc2000d no output

So I've had my BC2000D for about two weeks. I've only had it running on 4 ohms for 3-4 days and then 2 ohms for the other two weeks or so ive had it. It's been playing mint and today i was just driving around, had my music playing at about 10/62 for half an hour and then i decided to turn it up a little bit. I had it around 20/62 and then my subs just cut out. I went to look at the amp cause its in the back seat and they go back on, they went back off again and then just stopped coming on at all. No protection light and they still have power. I was even playing them earlier this day for almost an hour at near full tilt. I've checked everything fifteen times, the ground is fine and I know it because I have another amplifier grounded to the same bolt (on top of the bc2000d so if it was the ground this one definitely wouldnt work), I tried using three different pairs of rca cables ( which work with my other amp), the power wire is hooked up to my battery perfectly still, I redid the wires going to the box and the subs and still no output. Like nothing at all. Throughout me checking all of this it did cut on for 2 seconds about three times. It seems as though theres a bad connection inside the amplifier or something. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm going to try and call Crescendo tomorrow and see what they say. I'm so disappointed Ive gone broke trying to have a decent reliable setup and am still having problems..

If it isn't the wiring and the protection light doesn't come on it could be a loose speaker input connection inside the amp.

I guess I can try to open it up and take a look.. I wouldn't really know what im looking at but a loose speaker connection should be easy to spot out right

I guess I can try to open it up and take a look.. I wouldn't really know what im looking at but a loose speaker connection should be easy to spot out right

Don't open it until you contact them. You wouldn't want to void your warranty.

Yes thats right, Ill contact them first thing tomorrow thanks for your input man.

New update on this situation here... I plugged my old amp in and the subs still hsd the same problem. then I tried the subs on a buddies amp in his csr and thwy worked. I've checked all of my wiring 16 times so is it possible that something messed up in my deck? I have a pioneer deh4800p. I noticed that when I mess around with the volume knob on my deck the subs will momentarily cut in.

Have you pulled the deck out and checked the wiring behind it?

Get an aux cable that splits to two rcas and plug it into a phone or mp3 player. Then connect it directly to the amp.

Okay I will try this tomorrow

Let us know how it goes!

Soso it passed the aux to rca test :) that means my deck is blown or its wiring is bad?

Yes sir. At least you know that the amp is okay. Try running new rcas from the head unit.

I've already tried three pairs of rca cables and I just fully unhooked my deck and brought it inside to closely look at the wiring of it and everythjng was mint.

I've already tried three pairs of rca cables and I just fully unhooked my deck and brought it inside to closely look at the wiring of it and everythjng was mint.

Sounds like a bad head unit.

Ill have to see if its still under warranty. Thanks a lot for your help with everything man!