I had blown one of my subs a few months ago so I unhooked everything and removed from vehicle. After doing some upgrades and getting new subs in, I finally reinstalled them yesterday. The problem I've ran into is that the amps aren't producing any sound. They power up and show that there on, but no sound. What voltage should the remote wire show? This is the only thing I can think of to check. I will say though that when I had a sub blow it blew the fuse between batteries and the amps where underpowered for awhile. Could this have caused internal problems? All help needed fast!!!

Are you sure the Sub outs on the back of your head unit are working? Try taking a RCA to 3.5MM Cable and connecting it to the inputs on your amp and see if any sound comes out.

Also all your remote wire does is provide a very small amount of voltage to the amp to let the amp know the head unit is on, then turning on the amp so your amp doesn't remain on when the vehicle isn't on.

Remote wire is good. Ruled that one out. Its a new head unit and new rca's so I hadn't thought they might be bad. I'll pull the deck and try different cables. I'm not sure how to do what your talking about.

Remote wire is good. Ruled that one out. Its a new head unit and new rca's so I hadn't thought they might be bad. I'll pull the deck and try different cables. I'm not sure how to do what your talking about.

5mm-to-rca-av-audio-y-cable-adapter-for-mp3-ipod.jpg

Oh also most head units have features to turn the amp on or off through the head unit itself, make sure you have the amp turned on through your head unit.

Your amplifiers could have been damaged when you blew your sub. Make sure all of your connections are tight, and check the wiring to your subs. If it's a new head unit and rca's, I doubt it is signaling unless you have a defective receiver. Check your fuses as well.

Your amplifiers could have been damaged when you blew your sub. Make sure all of your connections are tight, and check the wiring to your subs. If it's a new head unit and rca's, I doubt it is signaling unless you have a defective receiver. Check your fuses as well.

Or bad RCAs either or could be defective.

Have you checked the fuses ON your amp?

Edited by DanP

Checked all wiring and all fuses b4 asking for help. I haven't had a chance to try different rca cables yet. I plan on trying that next to see if its the deck or not. I'm afraid I burnt up the amps. I let my cousin borrow my spare amp and he messed it up it does the same thing power comes on but no sound. I tried it in three different vehicles and it did the same thing. Maybe I just have crappy luck!