Sign in to follow this  
Killingtime

Kronos Turn on pop/protect mode

Running a Kronos to my mids & tweets and a Minatour2 to my subs (replaced 2 zapco comp 300's) have to say I absolutely love the Zeds.

Lately every now and then when I start my car I'll hear a pop and the Kronos will go into protect mode while the Minatour is running just fine,  I then have to turn the car off,Wait 5 sec and turn it back on and everything is fine, Was wondering if simply installing a Stinger SGN21 to delay the remote turn on would be a viable fix or is this a sigh of something possibly needing to be replacement in the amp, First time in a long time I've had to deal with any kind of turn on pop, Kinda currious if this somthing common with older Kronos amps.

The very first few Leviathans had a turn on pop, but I have not heard of anything of the like from other models.  

You could try to wire a relay for the turn on leads. I had a similar issue running multiple amps off HU remote lead, added a relay and it stopped.

How high is the volume when you turn on the car? I believe they have a protection circuit that will do that if the volume is to huh when you first turn on the amp. My leviathan did it and states in the manual of the circuit.

zed sent me a relay that has a five second delay,I had the same issue with the low impedence led lighting when I started my truck,I installed it and it's just fine now!