Robbie Sweeten

Newbie Confusion: Help with my Single 12" GCON

Hey Guys,  I've spent an hour or so on the Forum looking for specific on optimum wiring for my single GCON 12"

I've have  two amps here at the house:

Diamond Audio D600.1 Mono block

• 275W x 1 @ 4-Ohms
  • 450W x 1 @ 2-Ohms
  • 600W x 1 @ 1-Ohm

OR

Boston Acoustics GTA-500M

Channels Mono Bridgeable Not Bridgable RMS Power at 2 Ohms 500 W x 1 RMS Power at 4 Ohms 300 W x 1

1. Which one would you use and how would you wire it?

It's going in a sealed 1.4 cu ft box, I'm more about clean and crisp....

Can a Jedi kick down some layman's terms??? So very appreciated.

We need to know if the subwoofer is d2 or d4 voice coils before we can answer that.

d2= Dual 2 OHM

d4 = Dual 4 OHM

With out that info we can't tell you how to wire the sub.

Ahh.....understood. It hasn't arrived yet, I bought it on shebay.  The "description" doesn't show it so I'll have to wait till she arrives. 

Appreciate the response....

r.

no good,  do you have a link to the ebay sale ?

if its this listing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SSA-Sound-Solutions-Audio-GCON-12-Subwoofer-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-/281072489477?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item417139d405

and i think it is.. its the only Gcon i have seen on ebay in a while then its a dual 4....

If its the one Big John linked. The Diamond audio amp 450W x 1 @ 2-Ohms is going to be the most power you will be able to get out of it and you will have to wire is like this picture.

And if its not the one big john linked you still will wire it the exact same way, but you will end up with 600w @1 OHM with the Diamond Audio amp.

The Diamond Audio amplifier is the one you want to use and that subwoofer needs to be wired as shown in the picture reguardless if its dual 2 or dual 4.

Just hope you ordered the dual 2 :-}

post-34126-0-66528600-1362955821_thumb.j

Edited by SPL??

no good,  do you have a link to the ebay sale ? (BigJon)

It is/was the one you found BigJon.....

Why did you say, "no good"?  

I realize buying a sub off of Ebay in most cases would be il-favored, but this thing looks unused and is was being sold buy someone who knows less than i do,  not some snot nosed kid nicknamed Thumper that has to Silicone his rear window in every few weeks....(joke, and....sorry Thumper!)

450W should be fine for me, I listen to TOOL more than anything and I just wanted to clean up the low end.  

Piece and Peace....appreciated.

The GCON is a beastly sub for the money. You will be more than happy if you do buy it. :)

And then I Google "Amplifier the big three!"  This is becoming a bit more work and expense than I bargained......

1.  Where is a good place to buy 2 gauge wire for the two grounds and Alt to Battery.

2.  Connectors

I drive an Infiniti QX4 (Nissan Pathfinder with a skirt) and the OE Alternator puts out 110amps.

I am currently running a Arc Audio KS125.4   4x75watts   (300 Watts),.

3.  Do I need to "rewire" and replace my 4 gauge with 2 gauge to support both the (300 watts) and the Diamond Audio Mono Block (450 watts) or will 4 qauge support 750watts at 14 feet?

4. Do I need to consider getting a HO Alternator or will 110amps be fine for running just 750 watts?

Once again....very appreciated.....so much better to tab the collective intellect than youtube myself to death....thank you.