TheGreatMonkey

pinhole in power steering cooler line

Im surprised I have service. So anyways I lost power steeering and in the middle of no where. I have about 600kms to a town and need something to temp fix this pinhole. I was just wondering if I put a toothpick little ways in the hole, then cut off the the rest of it. Then use electrical tape 4-5 inches on both sides, should this work til I get into town?

You don't have like a bicycle patch or anything? I googled it and all I'm seeing is patch it, then put a metal clamp on both sides of the patch

That's about all you can do.  Use what you have for now, but the fluid will eat through any tape and adhesive.

Toothpick idea sounds like the best bet. Wrap that tape tight around it, good luck.

Well, it worked pretty good. Make it back to town safe and sound. Took a little longer cause I was stopping just to check on the hose to see how it was doing. Held up really good. I did replace the hose when I got into tho. But it did its job just fine.

Well, it worked pretty good. Make it back to town safe and sound. Took a little longer cause I was stopping just to check on the hose to see how it was doing. Held up really good. I did replace the hose when I got into tho. But it did its job just fine.

Good to hear you made it safe.

Good to hear you made it safe.

x2