edouble101

I want to widen my soundstage

I am not familiar with the software you are using as I unfairly have a full suite of bruel & kjaer hardware. Without knowing settings and why the plot doesn't show me anything. I'd Google but am sitting on a plane in Copenhagen flying to Amsterdam. As a test looping it back and testing the impulse response should be consistent on the channels you are using. Nonlinear phase delay is a reality on most soundcards

You can always ship your acquisition hardware/software to me to borrow ;)

I do not know why the phase plot did not show up on my saved soundcard calibration graph (it looked normal according to an example). It was there when I did the calibration. I am using a laptop with a schlocky soundcard. I do not understand why nonlinear phase delay would be an issue since the reputability of the setup is 100%. The real issue IMO is have the time card synchronized to the output and input. I have not been able to find a method that allows me to do this. The soundcard delay is consistent so I wasn't concerned. 

So.... I have t/a adjusted using PC. As I noted earlier the sound stage is much better. Stage width has improved slightly. On tracks that have depth ques that are far off center the newly added width has definitely helped. I still feel that there is room for improvement. What do you suggest?

If the phase delay between your output and input is non linear or even varying across the frequency domain then you will impart an extra time delay that is not consistent at different frequencies.

There are plenty of techniques to align this. I am not sure what your acquisition system is using as a trigger which is why I would want to see exactly what the impulse response was electrically at a variety of frequencies.