Sign in to follow this  
EddieC

Need advice on front stage

Ok... so when I started this build, it was on a budget and kinda rushed along. My hearing isn't that great anymore after years of drumming in a metal band, so I didn't want to go too far. My current setup is powered by a Kenwood amp pushing 40x4 and 300x1 at 4ohm. I really love it....but since installing these 2 Dcons, my front stage just ain't hangin. Let me say.... I can't imagine some of these setups u guys have. These 2 Dcons are bangin on only 300. Plenty for me, with my hearing loss and all. I'm running Polk db651's front and rear, with Kicker 4" in the dash off the head unit. Think going the bridged route at 100x2 would be better, and lose the rears...since they barely exist now anyways. What would be a good fit for me? 2004 Scion Xb....

You're on the right track with bridging the amp and losing the rears. Try to demo some component sets, and find what you like/dislike. Also lose the 4".

Yeah, that's the plan. I bought all my speakers based on customer reviews off of Amazon.com. I really don't know why those Polks got such great reviews, unless I'm losing a lot by not deadening the doors. Didn't think I'd need that with only 40 watts, but those Kickers in the dash seem louder on just the 17 from the hu. Guess I should try that first, since I'm sure I'll need it when I do bridge the amp. But what are some good 100 watt component sets you guys have been happy with in the $100-150 range? Might could stretch 200, but that's pushing it.

Yeah, that's the plan. I bought all my speakers based on customer reviews off of Amazon.com. I really don't know why those Polks got such great reviews, unless I'm losing a lot by not deadening the doors. Didn't think I'd need that with only 40 watts, but those Kickers in the dash seem louder on just the 17 from the hu. Guess I should try that first, since I'm sure I'll need it when I do bridge the amp. But what are some good 100 watt component sets you guys have been happy with in the $100-150 range? Might could stretch 200, but that's pushing it.

Check the ssa store. I liked the incriminators.

I saw those....and they look nice, but I was thinking more along the lines of a set with the tweets and crossovers. Anyone tried the Crescendo CZ set? Those and the Skars are all I see here in my range. Or should I purchase tweets and mids separately? Edited by EddieC

I have been running a pair of Alpine Type R 6.5 components up front for about 6 months and love them. They sound great and can decently keep up with an FI BL 15 on 85wrms. (The Type R 6x9's help in the back as well but that sub is pushing 1200wrms) They are rated for 110wrms though and I know for sure they could take that with no problems. Something to look into. smile.png

I have been running a pair of Alpine Type R 6.5 components up front for about 6 months and love them. They sound great and can decently keep up with an FI BL 15 on 85wrms. (The Type R 6x9's help in the back as well but that sub is pushing 1200wrms) They are rated for 110wrms though and I know for sure they could take that with no problems. Something to look into. smile.png

I'm guessing you're running the SPR-60Cs? I see a lot of good reviews on those. That's definitely in the budget range...... I'll have to check out a set at one of the shops. Thanks for the input!

I'm guessing you're running the SPR-60Cs? I see a lot of good reviews on those. That's definitely in the budget range...... I'll have to check out a set at one of the shops. Thanks for the input!

You would be gussing correct!! Chek them out and see what you think.

You would be gussing correct!! Chek them out and see what you think.

I definitely will.... just remembered that a coworker put a set in his Tundra. I'll be hitting him up for a true in-vehicle demo. Thanks again!

Ok....my bad. The pics for the IAs didn't show the tweets or crossovers, but I see in the description that they are included. Wish I could find some locally to check out....