Sign in to follow this  
clanderson

Ordered Wrong VC Config

So I ordered a Dual 1 ohm Fi SSD on July 10th, but I actually need a Dual 2 ohm - Is it possible to change the order at this late date? Is there anything I can do? Really wish Fi had a phone number so I could contact them immediately! Feels like I just threw $300 down the drain, I can't believe it!

Please help!

Edited by clanderson

Hopefully Nick will see this. What amp do you have?

IF you can't change it just wire it to 2 ohms, and then when you get the urge to upgrade (which often happens) you can add a second d1 and wire to 1 ohm. 600 Rms is plenty of power to get the SSD going.

I appreciate the suggestion but I've gone through so much planning and building to make this happen, and to run the sub at almost half capacity would be devastating! And if I wire it to 4 ohms, I'll get much lower power than 600 RMS. And with my vehicle, there's no way I could add a second sub.

This has really thrown everything off track...

Edited by clanderson

Worse case scenario, you wouldn't be out $300, just sell the amp and get another one.

Bought the amp for 150, there's no way I could get another suitable amp for that price :\

Ordered the cooling option on the SSD as well, so I could utilize the 1200w instead of the SSD's rated 1000w.

Man this is just a mess!! I really, really hope something can be done to get the proper sub...

Edited by clanderson

Ordered the cooling option on the SSD as well, so I could utilize the 1200w instead of the SSD's rated 1000w.

Man this is just a mess!! I really, really hope something can be done to get the proper sub...

You are more worried than you should be, and I misread your post wire it to 2 ohms for 600 watts.

Why am I more worried than I should be? I've been planing this for months, taking measurements, tearing my car apart, saving and budgeting my money, things began falling into place so well, and then I go and order the wrong VC config! sad.png

And that 600 is, well, literally half of what my original power was going to be... This is my first system I've done on my own, and this is insanely discouraging...

I've got to go to work now, get off at 9:30. Really really hope somebody over at Fi sees this and is able to do something... Thanks for the responses ricksi, I'm pretty bummed but I really appreciate it.

Edited by clanderson

Why am I more worried than I should be? I've been planing this for months, taking measurements, tearing my car apart, saving and budgeting my money, things began falling into place so well, and then I go and order the wrong VC config! sad.png

And that 600 is, well, literally half of what my original power was going to be

Power is the least efficient way to get louder. You will notice very little difference between 600 and 1200 watts. You are not losing anywhere near 50% of your output. This is all assuming that they can't change your order which they might be able to do.

I've e-mailed Fi, hoping to get a response soon. Hoping it would be possible to maybe swap out voice coils or something. Just really want this hiccup fixed :(

long as it hasn't been built yet it shouldn't be a problem

you aren't at 15 business days yet, really close.

make sure you email sales with your order number and i'll make sure it's changed in the morning when i get to the shop

If it's a 12 and you can't change it let me know, I might buy it so you can get the one you want.

It's actually a 15 :\ but hopefully Nick can take care of it. Thank you for responding Nick, and also ricksi for continuing to help!

Not receiving any confirmations that I've emailed sales like I usually do, so just in case, the order number is 2356

Even though I ordered it on the 10th, Nick took care of it like a boss, thanks everybody!

Even though I ordered it on the 10th, Nick took care of it like a boss, thanks everybody!

Glad to hear that. eek5wavey.gif

Sign in to follow this