gprestonmoto

WTB: Budget Sub(s)

I got a little money saved up ~120 bones, and I need a little beat in the blazer, it's driving me nuts. Only power I've got is my Linear Power 3002 so it will be fairly low power but let me know guys.

I have a pair of original RE8s.  Never seen power.  They're the bottom middle drivers in this pic.

100_2142_zps16c2698c.jpg

I have a pair of original RE8s. Never seen power. They're the bottom middle drivers in this pic.

100_2142_zps16c2698c.jpg

I think I have the gcon in that pic. It's not being used now

That is yours indeed.

What size is the gcon?

I would wait until black Friday sales roll around and pick up a 15" DCON if SSA does another sale. 

They're pretty darn impressive

I would wait until black Friday sales roll around and pick up a 15" DCON if SSA does another sale. 

They're pretty darn impressive

Are the new ones out yet?

So what's the coil configuration on the gcon and is $120 shipped a possibility? I can run 4 ohm or 8 ohm total load, the gcon leaves me with a little expandability which I'm a fan of. The Ultra RPM looks decent but I have no information on it. No specs on that site. Why would anyone kill you for posting that?

That would be a great price on a gcon 12.

So what's the coil configuration on the gcon and is $120 shipped a possibility? I can run 4 ohm or 8 ohm total load, the gcon leaves me with a little expandability which I'm a fan of. The Ultra RPM looks decent but I have no information on it. No specs on that site. Why would anyone kill you for posting that?

Because Vertex Audio is a direct competitor to SSA. They also carry Zed and Incriminator. You should be able to find info on the PRM by contacting Vertex directly. They're not a huge brand, so it's hard to get any information. I do have a friend who used a single 12" PRM and the A-12 in an Infinite Baffle setup and was very pleased with both. For IB, he stuck with the A-12 and noted that the PRM performs much better in a sealed enclosure than it does IB.

I'd be looking to run a ported enclosure with as flat as response as possible ie tuned very low.

You realize once cabin gain comes into play, you're going to have an exaggerated lowend response and nothing else.

I just meant 28-30Hz, none of the 22-24 Hz crap.

I just meant 28-30Hz, none of the 22-24 Hz crap.

Just a heads up: even a 29Hz tuning will cause the effects he was talking about. Plus, the lower you tune, the more top-end you sacrifice. I have a hard time going into the upper 80s right now with this tuning, but my mids play low enough to compensate.

I definitely don't want to be anywhere near the 80's, just good response from 30-63

Personally I think your out your your damn mind if you don't pick up his sub for that price.

Personally I think your out your your damn mind if you don't pick up his sub for that price.

Already pm'd lol

Ended up buying an old sub I've been hunting for a long time.

What did you get?

Crystal CMPx2 15"

**cost me more than $120 but oh well

Edited by gprestonmoto