bombsaway

Box Design Help

My 12" ICON is coming in the mail today so I want to finalize a design before before having my buddy build it for me. What I want to know is if I have calculated everything correctly and will in fact end up with 2.3ft^3 at 32.5hz.

2.3-32.5hz.jpg

Here's how I measured the port length.  19.2140 + 14.8723 + 1.375 = 35.312

port-length.jpg

The the12volt calculator says that this length gives me about 32.5hz.

12v-specs.jpg

Did I design this correctly?  Also, I just used the displacement listed on the product page which is .16.  Does doing a double baffle affect this?

Click here if you want to download my SketchUp design

I come up with 2.34 after dispacements for sub and 45's.

When I remove the 45s from the box and line tool the shape of the interior I get 2.5. This gives me 2.34 when I subtract displacement.  Mind telling me how you got that number?

To reiterate on my original post and be more specific, I'd like to know if I measured the port length correctly also.  Measuring the length from the middle of the port and adding half of the port length gives me 19.2140 + 14.8723 + 1.375 = 35.312.  Is this right?

I was at work and got distracted before I got to look at the port length...sorry.    I'll try to look at it again tomorrow if I can.

Why are you adding the 1.375" to the port length? And no, your addition is wrong. 19.214+14.7823+1.375=35.4613 not 35.312

1.375 is half the width of the port.  In my endless research, I've stumbled across threads on 'port end correction' where it's said that when a port runs along a wall it acts as though it's extending itself for an additional half of the port's width.  Is this correct or what's the deal?

As for the addition, you're correct.  I must have mis-copied from my notes.