Sign in to follow this  
rscotta831

Best style vehicle for bass?

I'm in the market for a new ride. Wanting to spend $20K or less. It must be 4 or 6 cyl. (not 8 because of high gas prices). I prefer Honda, Nissan, Toyota & Hyundai.

I have (2) JL W7 12s powered by (2) JL 1000/1s.

I currently own a 4-door Accord & have the (2) 12s firing towards the rear. The bass is nice, but my truck rattles BAD. VERY annoying. I've tried firing woofers forward in this car & was not as impressed with their performance as I was with them firing towards the rear.

I need your opinions. Should I go with an SUV & fire them towards the rear? If so, what's an appropriate-sized SUV for the 3 cu ft. box required for the 12s? And how much space should I give the woofers from the rear of the SUV?

Or perhaps a king-cab truck (with removing the back seat)? If so, again, which appropriate-sized truck? And how should I fire them? Down? Towards the rear? And again, how much space should I give the woofers from the closest surface?

Or a different vehicle?

A pair of ID CD2 Neo Mini horns & a pair of Dynaudio MW170s

7" midrange/midbass drivers will be installed as well. So I'll need ample room to install these drivers.

Your opinions? Thanks!

Edited by rscotta831

Best SUV's for bass are explorers

Details please.

Should I fire them towards the rear? How much space should I give the woofers from the closest surface? As much as possible? Or is there a specific length that works well?

upward fire, rearward port

Best vehicle for bass?

Mine :D

Problem is, if you don't wall it off, you might as well be playing it in free space.

I say drive a whole bunch of nice vehicles in your price range that catch your eye. :)

Make a list ... pros and cons of each ... start crossing them off.

Then worry about the stereo :)

You'll be able to tell as soon as you open the front doors if the HLCD's and mids will fit.

Nissan has a boatload of nice vehicles to choose from.

I am tempted to snag another H2 15 and grab a second battery and get my butt kicked in street C, but I need to save loot to get some thing else started.

any car is fine for bass. its how you make your applaction work for teh car.suv type...

saying an explore is best for bass is lil far fetched

any car is fine for bass. its how you make your applaction work for teh car.suv type...

saying an explore is best for bass is lil far fetched

Best for SPL actually.

Three little letters.

C...R...X

or any hatchback. SUV's are also loud. Scion xB's have been made loud, can be bought new in your price range, are made by toyota.

oh, and they get over 30mpg :)

who cares if they are rosie'o'donald ugly.

Three little letters.

C...R...X

or any hatchback. SUV's are also loud. Scion xB's have been made loud, can be bought new in your price range, are made by toyota.

CRX is too tiny. I need room for 4 passengers sometimes. And need room for groceries/luggage in addition to the system.

Yikes, the Scion xB is atrocious-looking.

I'm leaning in the direction of a Honda Pilot. Any opinions on the Pilot?

Edited by rscotta831

Three little letters.

C...R...X

CRX is too tiny. I need room for 4 passengers sometimes. And need room for groceries/luggage in addition to the system.

thats why they are loud, they are small and have the gift of loud! :woot:

I have a sneeking suspicion the tiburon would be loud. America's best warrany, GT v6 version can be made quite quick on the cheap, and they dont look half bad either. I've been convinceing my friend to do 2 10's or 3 8's on his rear deck as there would be plenty of room left in the trunk be he thinks 50lbs of weight will make a huge difference (its a hatch back with a lifting deck that seperatts a "trunk" and "cabbin")

He's put ~1500 into perfomrance modifications and i tell no lie he is probably tipping on 200 at the wheels, and thoes cars are light as hell.

Picture117.jpg

though the korean designers of the motor hate my knuckles... phucking heat sheild attached to the back valve cover.