Sign in to follow this  
rfpcreations

best placement for (2x) rl-p15"d2

i was thinking of having the subs and port facing up in a net 7 cu. box, subs on the outside and the port in the middle , but i wanted to see what you guys thought, i am powering them with 2 hifonics bx2005d amps, a zx6400 for the mids/highs (4 sets of mb quartz 6.5" reference series comps), ixos signal wires, and with plenty of clean signal from (2x) 1/3 oct. 30 band audiocontrol eqt seriesII's :domoslay: and i am not sure yet what ohm i will wire the subs at. as for the bx2005d amp: 2000@ 1ohm, 1300@ 2ohm. and does any one know if the bx2005d puts out true power, i have heard they are a little over-rated. any ideas welcome! my truck is a 2001 ford f-150

:slayer:

Edited by rfpcreations

i was thinking of having the subs and port facing up in a net 7 cu. box, subs on the outside and the port in the middle ,  but i wanted to see what you guys thought, i am powering them with 2 hifonics bx2005d amps, a zx6400 for the mids/highs (4 sets of mb quartz 6.5" reference series comps), ixos signal wires, and with plenty of clean signal from (2x) 1/3 oct. 30 band audiocontrol eqt seriesII's  :domoslay:  and i am not sure yet what ohm i will wire the subs at.  as for the bx2005d amp: 2000@ 1ohm, 1300@ 2ohm. and does any one know if the bx2005d puts out true power, i have heard they are a little over-rated.  any ideas welcome!  my truck is a 2001 ford f-150     

i had a BX2005d, then i switched to a Orion 2500d.

Orion far > Hifonics.

i had a BX2005d, then i switched to a Orion 2500d.

Orion far > Hifonics.

how many volts of signal were you actually giving the brutus, because the sould have line drivers used on them?

Edited by rfpcreations

I'm not a huge fan of upward-facing enclosures. They look pretty, and although it is somewhat true that bass cannot be localized, in general I've never found it to be an optimal design. This article explains some of this in a much more technical manner than I could.

I know you are installing in a truck, but most of the same principles are apparent.

http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/aiming.htm

Still, I would experiment and see what sounds the best to your ears.

i was thinking of having the subs and port facing up in a net 7 cu. box, subs on the outside and the port in the middle ,  but i wanted to see what you guys thought, i am powering them with 2 hifonics bx2005d amps, a zx6400 for the mids/highs (4 sets of mb quartz 6.5" reference series comps), ixos signal wires, and with plenty of clean signal from (2x) 1/3 oct. 30 band audiocontrol eqt seriesII's  :domoslay:  and i am not sure yet what ohm i will wire the subs at.  as for the bx2005d amp: 2000@ 1ohm, 1300@ 2ohm. and does any one know if the bx2005d puts out true power, i have heard they are a little over-rated.  any ideas welcome!  my truck is a 2001 ford f-150     

Orion far > Hifonics.

:+1:

thanks for the link it does not really apply to trucks but i will probably face the subs forward, which is how i had a 15" stroker facing. as for the bx2005d the hifoncs will put out plenty of power even if they are a little over rated :finger: , so i am not getting in a debate over that topic save it for another post. :finger: , :D , now if anyone has any personal experience with sub placment in a truck let me know what you think about sub, port placment. thanks