Sign in to follow this  
Michael Lone-Wolf Werner

Xcon 15 18 vs Zcon 15

Don't forget you need to take port length into account. Can the port physically fit?

yea leaving about 6.5 rear space on each port, unles we do 4 or 5 4" either would fit, if we did have to extended port out a little only be a couple of inches ad some mdf for support and seal well never had a issue before.  6 Close to 56.52 port, 4x4 50.24, 5 4" 62.80 of course depends a little on tuning general idea.   Depends guess how much sub likes on port area and net port.  Seen some using 45-67 roughly on boxes, know more when sub shows up assume.

Last aero port was beat up for 2 years never had a leak and I always leave a port size and half inch for room between the inside end of the port and box wall

Sold old box and sub, yea, it was too narrow and top heavy anyways, needed to retune it, but for sub 35 hz worked.  I double the port area wall to 1.5" cannot post pictures here or do not know how and guess no big deal.  Just needed a more sq box vs. a long box set in and fit better the old one was from Little Accent lot more room in Galant.

My other amp is in the shop, needed cash to get it out,

KICKER ZX2500.1

lol um?

I don't know, I am trying really hard to understand what is being said in the now 52 and counting emails and 41 (and still rooling in as I type this) FB mesasges.  Many of them overlapping from one location to the next, others duplicates after the questions were already answered.  The prior record for one order in terms of emails/contact was 11.  So many of the emails are so jumbled, it just reads like a conversation of multiple thoughts all coming out at once.

After a large number of emails, it was settled on the Xcon 15 was the best solution for his needs, power and space available.  The Xcon 15 was ordered.  Then a flurry of emails about maybe an 18" model, then I think back to the 15", then to an 18" again, then the listening needs or habits were described differently, then suggested Zcon 15 to in order to have more woofer for more abuse tolerance as I am still unclear as to what truely are the goals.  Now I think we are on Zcon 15 enclosure design?  trippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.gif

dedhorse.gif

I don't know, I am trying really hard to understand what is being said in the now 52 and counting emails and 41 (and still rooling in as I type this) FB mesasges.  Many of them overlapping from one location to the next, others duplicates after the questions were already answered.  The prior record for one order in terms of emails/contact was 11.  So many of the emails are so jumbled, it just reads like a conversation of multiple thoughts all coming out at once.

After a large number of emails, it was settled on the Xcon 15 was the best solution for his needs, power and space available.  The Xcon 15 was ordered.  Then a flurry of emails about maybe an 18" model, then I think back to the 15", then to an 18" again, then the listening needs or habits were described differently, then suggested Zcon 15 to in order to have more woofer for more abuse tolerance as I am still unclear as to what truely are the goals.  Now I think we are on Zcon 15 enclosure design?  trippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.giftrippy.gif

Called no answer, 18 issue was resolved when we discuss box needed to be 18 over weekend, plus never use this site or this type of contact usually call the company and talk to someone. You said to call Wed that Mark would be there, but line has been busy all day or I said you could call me any time after 8 AM Central time.

Then box I need with what I am doing is bigger then what the 15 Xcon recommended based on info found on other site as well as my amps power rating is over Xcon’s RMS rating.   I admit I was confused also which for now 60 would have been easier to clear up by talking to someone as you told me to do today.  I got an address not sure if it is correct, as you said I had to call today to follow up on this, but how can I call if there is no one there or phone is busy all day. 

SOUND SOLUTIONS AUDIO INC.

PO BOX 3627

GLYNDON, MD 21071-3627 

Then told I needed what For the Zcon, 15-16 square inches of port per cube of internal air volume is good.  With the box being larger and sub RMS lower, I thought this was done Monday order AM note sent PM.  I guess if I knew how this work then each comment I could of responded to but just kept posting below post not knowing to do quote and put in response.  I know now, not sure what I am supposed to do since we tried calling a few times my son did when I went out guess there is only the one line to call.  I assume Zcon is what is going forward now what Wednesday and I did apologized on line for the confusion and noted since disabled I do have trouble staying focused on writing.  But usually if power is over RMS one would use a smaller box, this went the opposite way, originally had to Sundown 15s used son's sub for a while and box which we sold it was actually little small for RE and did not like how it fit.  Box size ended up being what the specs were from your web page since on these page only specs I seen on box size was for Xcon.  I do know now how to respond to one comment and not add to the post and as far as that goes will not ever use this after I get sub anyway.  I would have deleted out some things and tried to post in pictures of what we had which ended up being blank spots on forum.  I admit there was a learning curve, but guess just did not work the way I original thought this worked, but then again, never really done this before.  I was not sure why you said not to go on SMD’s site etc., and I was just looking for box or way’s to calculate a box since there are no shops locally.  Software shops I use to go to were very expensive.  Yes after car wreck that killed my friend broke my ex-wife pelvis and I got knock the hell out by center T top bar and motorcycle issue disability when stress is hard on me why I call.  3rd gear wheelie and kick stand spring came off my bike boy did that hurt, so excuse me.  I never heard or seen a SSA sub, so that too made the issue worse. 

I did not know about this site since this is where I got more info on box specs, and Idea of sizes again I did not see size noted on Zcon If I missed it on your store site guess another mistake other then sorry not much I can say. 

http://products.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/xcon.html

This order is marked as Pending

Edited by MDWerner6942