Sign in to follow this  
Itek

HDC 12 arrived with his hds300 basket

To make a long story short, the current HDC 12s that soundqubed is making have the hds300 basket. I bought one new and it did not come with the pictured basket on the website. Not all the way sure how I feel about it yet.

is the basket that big of deal?

I would imagine the hds300's basket it's cheaper. The coils cooling is reduced. Those are two right off the bat.

I would imagine the hds300's basket it's cheaper. The coils cooling is reduced. Those are two right off the bat.

The HDC series and HDS3 series will now use the same basket we use on the HDS3 series. 

The HDS3 basket costs us the same price as the HDC basket we were using. It has the same or better cooling capacity, excursion and strength as the HDC basket we were using.

This allows us to stock one less basket. If we wanted to save money we would have used a stamped basket on the HDS3 series or a cheaper cast basket. We also wanted a more uniform look between the HDS3 and HDC series. We buy baskets in very large quantities so it does give us the benefit of higher volume price discounts from our supplier when we can use the same basket on both lines of subs.

dj 

Thank for your responce, is the HDC4 basket is also the same? What about the 18 inch version of both HDC3 and hdc4? What basket will be used for 18 inch woofers now?

Do the current hdc4 12's and 15's use the hds300 basket?