Sign in to follow this  
stose85

SSD 12 Ported Build

Hello guys!

I am new to the forum, but recently got back into the swing of car audio. After 10 years of not having any bass I'm ready for my new build. Right now I have a basic setup in my 2011 Toyota Corolla S

Kenwood KDC-X596 H/U

Alpine Type R SPR-60C Components up front

Alpine Type R SPR-69 6x9's in the back

Hifonics GLX 100.4 running mids and highs

Hifonics X1000.1 running the sub

I'm going to pick up an SSD 12'' and run it ported. My question is this..... I have worked a lot trying to figure out the appropriate dimension in order to obtain 2.25 cu ft of internal space after sub and port displacement tuned to 33Hz. Each program gives me a little bit different number and my main concern is with the port wall. I would like to make the external dimensions of the box as follows:

30'' wide

15'' tall

15'' deep

with a port area of 13.5'' x 2.5''  = 33.75'' total area

Would anyone be so kind as to assist me in this build? My calculations show internal volume is 3.00 cubes with .14 cu ft displacement for the sub and .640 cu ft displacement for the port= 2.22 cubes interal volume.

Does this sound about right concerning the measurements? Can anyone assist with the port length? Does anyone have a cut sheet that would help even more? The cut sheet on the other forum is not working for me, I can't upload the photos.

Thanks!!!!

Abel

By using a couple of calculators, I am figuring you are looking at ~20" long port by the info you gave.  Both of my figures came up to a box tuning of 40hz with all the dimensions you porovided.

Just to clarify- I came up with the 20" length by your .640 figure for port displacement.  To keep the 2.2 net volume and get to 33hz with the supplied port area, your overall dimension will have to get larger.

Edited by Leedogg

Thanks Lee, that was part of my problem. I had one calculator showing that it was just barely going to fit like that, another said there wasn't enough internal space to fit the port tuned to 33 Hz. Sometimes a second opinion is the easiest solution to a problem. I will continue working on it.

My most current calculator shows a port of 2.25 x 13.5 will need to be 28.85'' in a 2.22 cu ft box

Edited by stose85

I finally got it all figured out. Port is 2.75x13.5 = 37in port area. The box is 30 wide, 15 tall, and 16.5 deep. 2.49 cubes after displacement tuned to 32-33Hz.

I'm running a single kicker 12" VT from my S-10 build I had a few years back. Not bad for a shallow mount sub. Definitely a huge improvement over a .5 cu ft sealed truck box.

10358983_886071938085924_987948350230043

Edited by stose85

Sign in to follow this